Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:04:47 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Pascal  (Read 59802 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »

After market axles appear to have some longevity issues. One of mine has the shake again also.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:22 PM »

I've stopped using inexpensive parts store aftermarket axles because I've had them be back right out of the box.  I'm hoping I don't have issues with the 500 hp axles I got from Insane Shafts. 

Looking forward to the K24A swap.  I've never heard of a K24A motor though.  Usually guys talk about the K24A3 from Euro R Accords.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:06 AM »

Yeah well, it was pretty cheap and I was quite broke so i preferred having a shaky axle that worrying about an axle that could break at anytime and do some damage.

The K24A I am looking for is almost the same as the k24a2, but with jdm specs. It is found in the odyssey absolute and also the accord type s from japan (same as TSX from america)

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 09:06:22 AM »

The K24A I am looking for is almost the same as the k24a2, but with jdm specs. It is found in the odyssey absolute and also the accord type s from japan (same as TSX from america)

What do you mean by JDM specs?  I'm curious to know what the actual differences are.  Is there some reason why you're looking for this k24a over a k24a2?  You may be better off getting a k24a2 since it wouldn't need to be imported, unless there's already one you know of that's in North America.  Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth if it's almost the same as a k24a2.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 11:03:11 AM »

To be honest, I don't know much about the real difference. It is the guy who will swap my car that suggested me to take a jdm over a usdm k24a2 ( He is like the honda swap guru over here, I trust him) and I think he told me that they (jdm k24a) had cable throttle body so I wouldn't have to reuse my old/buy another throttle body.

But JDM is always better right Wink  Cheesy

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »

It sounds like he's trying to milk you for more money by using the magic buzz word, JDM. From my research, a k24a does not exist. The Accord Type S and Odyssey Absolute both use the exact same k24a2 that's in the TSX. I don't know everything about k series motors, but I know a bit more than the average Honda/Accord owner. Maybe this guy is confusing it with the k20a or it's possible he's trying to get you to pay for more money.

If it were me, I'd just get a k24a2 long block (preferably an 06-07) and use your Accord throttle body or use a larger RSX Type S throttle body on an 04-05 TSX IM. The fact that the k24a2 has a DBW TB is a non-issue because you can reuse what you already have.

Then again, what do I know?

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 05:18:01 PM »

Yeah, well he doesn't sell engines, he buy's them from jdm shop's when someone need's it. He normally only install them all day. I don't want to criticize or judge your knowledge in any way, I have read a lot around here and I can definitively tell you know a lot. But the K24A really exists, se here on the engine stamp

http://jdmautodepot.com/98-02-honda-accord-f23a-2-3l-sohc-vtec-engine-only-jdm-f23a-accord/03-08-honda-odyssey-rb1-absolute-tsx-accord-type-s-obd2-enigne-replacement-for-k24a2-jdm-k24a.html?___SID=U

And I wouldn't mind an usdm k24A2 anyway but it seems they are has pricey and has rare to find over here has a jdm one. It even seems easier to import one from japan than to find one here from a tsx in good condition.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »

Like I said, I don't know everything. I wasn't able to find it in my limited research and I have never seen anyone reference a k24a in the past. I stand corrected.

It seems like it's identical with a k24a2. I would treat it as if it is a k24a2 though, because the specs listed are the exact same. If that is a low mileage motor, than it's a decent price. If it's a higher mileage motor, then they may be banking on it being JDM to get people to pay top dollar for it. It just seems odd to me that it would be harder to find a k24a2 motor over one from Japan. Just my two cents.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »

Yeah well JDM shops are overpricing their sales wishing for noobs to buy without really knowing the value, but the guy who is going to swap my engine roughly quoted me 2K for engine+ install. (based on a previous install )
For a reference, Found a k24a2 at a scrap yard, 2007 with 99,419 miles (160,095 km) at 1362$

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »

I'd find out the mileage of that k24a motor before you commit to it.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 07:26:29 AM »

That's the issue with jdm engines, ofthen you don't know the history of it and just have to wish they are in good shape.... Embarrassed

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 08:46:02 AM »

That is a lot of money to rely on a wish. 
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »

Sure is ... I will ask him further questions about why a JDM over a USDM if it seems about the same and seems cheaper to buy a TSX engine from the scrap yard.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »

I'm interested to find out what makes the k24a special.  JDM specs make it sound like they're just throwing out the JDM word to make it seem like it's better, without providing any actual information.  This is a good way to see if the guy is honest or full of shit.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 10:21:05 PM »

Asked him, couldn't really get a clear answer about why a JDM one over a USDM. But he told me that every engine is different and any of the two can be good or bad depending of their condition. It is just that usually engines imported from japan are in better shape than the ones used in the winter from where I live.
But K24A from accord type s and odyssey absolute are basically k24a2's built in japan.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012