Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:41:07 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195333 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »

As Tim stated with regards to the backwaves, the "gasket" provides a cushion to muffle the vibrations from your speaker. As quickly as the speaker cone moves, it creates minor vibrations that distort the sound. By adding that foam to the mating surface, you cushion against those vibrations and improve the sound of your speaker. Correct me if I'm wrong here Tim.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »

Sorry Z, but you're a bit off.  The reason for the gasket is to seal the speaker from it's own back waves.  Since your speaker moves back and forth, it emits sound from the front of the cone and the back of the cone.  The sound emitting from the back of the cone is called a back wave.  That will reflect of the surface behind it (eg. - your door skin) and if your speaker is not sealed, the sound will come through the unsealed area and the back wave will interfere with the front wave and some frequencies will cancel out.  It's has a similar effect as wiring a pair of speakers out of phase.

The best way to do this is to seal the openings in your doors the best you can and seal the front and the back of the speaker so that you have an infinite baffle.  Obviously, this is kind of hard to do.  Sealing your speakers is the next best thing you can do on a budget.  You can even use sound deadening material like dynamat or b-quiet as your gasket.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »

its like dynamating the speaking without spending and arm and a leg. You might want to look into that also to help improve the sound quality.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »

Meh. I tried.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2011, 11:45:37 PM »

its like dynamating the speaking without spending and arm and a leg.

No, it's not actually.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2011, 03:09:35 PM »

Alright, thanks guys.  I thought that's what you meant but figured the only way to really seal off the backwaves is to completely enclose the back of the speakers but your just concerned about the backwaves in the immediate area around the speaker.  A guy at work referred to this as standard practice anytime your installing speakers. I didn't realize those backwaves could be such an issue.  Thanks again for the explanation.

Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »

Not me. That shit was out of my price range. I do have the ck3100 and love it for its handsfreeness. Yes. That's a word because I made it up.

oh I bought one, just trying to see where people mounted theirs... i paid 160 for it
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »

The brain is under the console and the actual interface is in the sunglass holder. The thing is totally hidden.

Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »

cool. i'll be back in FL on friday, gotta see where i want to put it
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 20, 2011, 12:47:38 PM »

LOC blows on stock system blows... Need to get an audio processor. Has anyone worked with the MTX re-q?? I just want bass.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 20, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »

LOC blows on stock system blows... Need to get an audio processor. Has anyone worked with the MTX re-q?? I just want bass.
I was just about to ask same question i saw them on sale but havent seen anyone install them on a 7gen yet ,also how will you go about installing it would i need to use somthing like the PAC AOEM-HON20 ?

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2011, 03:23:06 AM »

Just going to run the signal from the rear 2 speaks. Cut and soldier.  I just want the sub to sound good. I wan the MTX req-5 because the regular one have ground loop noise issue.

I seen a lot of build on driveraccord but its like mixed reviews.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »

Just going to run the signal from the rear 2 speaks. Cut and soldier.  I just want the sub to sound good. I wan the MTX req-5 because the regular one have ground loop noise issue.

So wait, what's your problem?  Does it not sound good, is there no bass, or are you getting a ground loop noise?  You're not exactly clear on what the problem is, and each problem will require a different solution.

If you're just going to run the speaker signal from your rear speakers only to the processor, you're wasting your time.  Why spend $180 on a processor that you're not even going to use to it's full potential?  You're just wasting money at that point.  Seriously, all you're doing right now is cutting corners.  Why not do it right the first time?  All you're really doing is using a half ass bandaid to fix the problems created by a half ass install.

If you're really looking for advice, then do it right the first time and stop wasting your time and money.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:51:13 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 31, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »

just going to redo it. Thanks for your help Tim

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 05, 2011, 02:36:40 PM »

So i got a new Rockford Fosgate's PBR300X1 amp the spec's say  to power it use a 10 gauge wire amp kit should i go with 4 gauge instead for the long run? its only 300 watts nothing major am planing to pair it with a PBR300X4 in future so am thinking running 4 gauge to a distribution block and down size the wire gauge from there to power both would it be a good idea?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012