Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:06:44 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195265 times)
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »

I got a question, Im planning on relocating my battery to my trunk (so I can fit my custom 3.5" to 3" intake with velocity stack) I know I have to run two wires from the battery one to the starter and one to the fusebox and a new wire from the alternator to the fusebox but what I'm not sure of is what gauge wire to use for this and what amp fuses to run with each wire, also where would I tie in a circuit breaker with this as I was told that I should run one if I'm going this route I already have a battery box and the battery is a yellow top optima
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »

So i swap out my rear speakers now the speaker covers wont fit any one knows how to fix this or had this issue with aftermarket speakers?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:14:33 PM by cna » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »

I got a question, Im planning on relocating my battery to my trunk (so I can fit my custom 3.5" to 3" intake with velocity stack) I know I have to run two wires from the battery one to the starter and one to the fusebox and a new wire from the alternator to the fusebox but what I'm not sure of is what gauge wire to use for this and what amp fuses to run with each wire, also where would I tie in a circuit breaker with this as I was told that I should run one if I'm going this route I already have a battery box and the battery is a yellow top optima

Think of it like running an aftermarket amp in your trunk.  I'd run 1/0 gauge wire.  Is there some reason why you're going to run a 3"-3.5" intake?  Have you done some work to your motor, or is it just stock?

So i swap out my rear speakers now the speaker covers wont fit any one knows how to fix this or had this issue with aftermarket speakers?

Try mounting the speakers from underneath.  That usually gives you more clearance.  Unfortunately, this is an issue with some aftermarket speakers.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »

It's just stock"ish" Intake,Headers,Exhaust,Port matched head,minor port work done on the intake manifold (not going to bother cutting it apart to do a full job save that for my tsx mani) started a second job 2 months ago to speed things up with my build, I'm in the part gathering stage right now :p but I got some nice toys on the way to help me build more power later (homemade flowbench Cheesy)   I wanted to build my motor first but after noticing some rust forming on the rear drivers wheel arch I decided paint/looks would be my first focus so I'm working from the inside out got all my materials to reupholster just trying to track down a good place in canada to order some katskinz replacement leather, and since my interior is torn apart thought it would be a good time to lay some wires and relocate it now, wiring and electrical have always been the bane of my existence :p I just wanted to double check here first before I spend the money for parts time to put all my schooling/experience to work on my own vehicle for a change (3rd year apprentice mechanic and 1st year apprentice autobody) thanks for the quick reply
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »

You should be able have a 3" intake clear your battery.  What most people do is cut off the positive battery terminal from the charge harness, and add a circuit breaker or fuse holder, then run cable from that to the trunk.  If you are replacing the power cable in your charge harness, then you'll need to break it down anyway since the knock sensor wire and alternator wires are part of the charge harness and you need to reuse those.  Then you can just use the stock cable as a guide.

Where in Canada are you anyway?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »

Ok sweet thanks...and I live on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, recently rated the number 1 island in north America and 3rd in the world awww ya ahaha nothing like shooting the Cabot trail through the mountains with the windows down and not a care in the world
Edit: winter though is a different story lol unless you have a snowmobile
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

Adding a amp to my factory nav where would i tap into for a remote amp turn on, the ignition?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »

I used my cig lighter as its turned on by the ignition. Tim may disagree with that idea though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:59 PM »

who here has the Parrot MKi9200?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

Not me. That shit was out of my price range. I do have the ck3100 and love it for its handsfreeness. Yes. That's a word because I made it up.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: July 28, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »

I used my cig lighter as its turned on by the ignition. Tim may disagree with that idea though.

Actually, I don't disagree.  That's what I would use.

who here has the Parrot MKi9200?

I installed the MKi9100 in the Fit and was less than impressed.  The call quality sucked and the iPod part of it stopped working after 8 months.  I need to rip that pos out.

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:36 AM »

okay I got a question. So the accord doesn't have a sub signal. So how do you guys with system get a signal for the sub when you have a 4 channel amp hooked up? Does the audio processor give you sub signal? Or do you tap a signal? Because when I look at the instruction of the cleansweep there is only 4 RCA that goes into the amp. So I am freaken confused.

I ask this because I have a 4 channel amp and a mono D amp.

So please educate me.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2011, 03:01:31 AM »

found my answer on crutchfield.. Y adaptor..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2011, 04:00:43 AM »

Y adaptor isn't the best choice, but it may be the only one you have.  Does your 4 channel amp have an output or a pass through?

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_218OCR504/Phoenix-Gold-Octane-R-5-0-4.html?tp=115&tab=features_and_specs

Its this one for the 4 channel and

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D7500M-Class-D-Amplifier-Watts/dp/B0036W9QEK

for the mono amp.

I was thinking about selling the 4 channel now just because I don't want to rerun the wires through the fire wall. The one hole that is above the clutch is full now.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012