Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:39:34 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194124 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: September 04, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »

Correct. It's still a good practice to separate them to reduce the amount of induced noise into your RCA cables.

What has changed since this started happening?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 05, 2014, 07:26:35 AM »

Nothing that I can think of.  I did replace the screw holding my amp's ground wire down in the trunk because it was completely rusted.  I used a wire brush to scrap the rust off the mounting point and the ring connector then screwed it down with the new screw.  This was a couple weeks ago and the noise just started recently.  I guess I'll have to tear my trunk apart this weekend and investigate.   Sad
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: September 05, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »

That sucks man. Definitely consider re-routing your power wire or RCA's.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 05, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »

Should I even bother with the GLIs? I'm seeing mixed reviews about them online.  Any experience with them?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: September 05, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »

I've never used them. Any kind of thing like that just wastes energy.

I have found that the only way to reduce induced noise is by routing wires properly and making sure you have a proper ground.

Check your ground again. Also, if you haven't yet, put a star washer between the ground terminal and chassis.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 05, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »

Oh okay, I'll swing by the hardware store and pick one up.  I don't have anything separating them right now. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: September 05, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »

You don't need anything separating them. A star washer will "bite" in to the metal for a better electrical connection.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 05, 2014, 03:06:22 PM »

Gotcha, thanks Tim. 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »

Removed the ground wires, scrapped the area as best I could with a wire brush, put the ground wires back with a star washer and 90% of the noise is gone.  I'm going to replace the two ring connectors on both ground wires since they were pretty corroded and I hope that removes the last 10% of the noise.   Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: September 09, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »

It should help. Make sure the ground wire isn't corroded also. Sometimes it's a good idea to solder the terminals after they have been crimped on. That way you have the best electrical connection.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 16, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

I have the worse luck with audio equipment.  One of my soundstream 6x9 speakers is making a nasty vibrating noise on high notes and one of my polk component speakers is dead (tweeter still works tho).  I didn't even notice the dead polk speaker until I had my HU play sound threw each speaker individually. 

Anyway, I'm looking to replace both sets.  I'm eyeing up the Focal 130 AS for the front and the Focal 690 AC for the rear.  Anyone have any experience with either speaker or Focals in general? 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #611 on: January 16, 2015, 04:35:24 PM »

Focal makes great stuff, but with the lower end stuff you're just paying for the name.

Tim
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 14, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »

So, looking into a bit more boom boom without a subwoofer box in the trunk, I have Rockford fosgate Punch front speakers and the rear deck speakers are no longer doing the job, they can't keep up with the fronts.
Local audio seller advised me into buying some CDT CL-69s.  He can have them for 175$ CAD ( ~140$ USD) for the pair. I have never heard of that brand but they are supposed to be a high quality brand and these being their entry level series.
Do any of you know these? have comments or other recommendation ?
Here is the product link :
http://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_components/subwoofers/cl69s.htm

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: March 14, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »

I'm not a fan of those CDT's. I'd give you advice, but you're not going to like what I have to say.

Tim
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 14, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »

damn that was a quick answer ! I am open to advices, and I think I know what advice it is XD
And why you don't like CDT ?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012