Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:15:16 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195628 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: December 16, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »

I searched for this and couldn't find it. The RSX Bose speakers, they look a little bigger then the coupe door speakers. Besides the size difference could they be used?
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 16, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »

Why replace a crappy OEM speaker with a slightly less crappy OEM speaker?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: December 16, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »

I wouldn't use those speakers.  With the RSX, Bose actually is involved with the engineering of the car from the beginning, to insure the audio system is designed properly for that vehicle.  You're better off going with an aftermarket set of speakers instead. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »

Gotcha, that makes sense. I knew there had to be a reason when i couldn't find it.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 17, 2014, 07:39:09 AM »

Is it okay to use a different brand of tweeters on a set of component speakers?

I think one of my tweeters is dying and I'm thinking it would be a lot cheaper to just swap tweeters instead of buying a whole new set of components. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »

Technically, yes, but the answer is no.  You have a passive crossover that is for that set of speakers.  If you use a different tweeter, it will have a different resistance and will not sound the same or sound worse.  Sorry it's not the answer you're looking for.  Aren't these speakers fairly new?  Maybe they have a warranty that you can get a replacement for free or less $?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 17, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »

I bought them in Nov. '11 so unfortunately they are past the 1 year warranty.  This is my second pair of Polk components and both sets have lasted less than 3 years each.  I love their sound for the price but I need something that will last longer. 

Any suggestions? 
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: January 17, 2014, 03:48:01 PM »

I would contact Polk with your frustrations. The old I know they are out of warranty but its the second time.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 16, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »

I have been noticing something about my subwoofer where it is intermittent. Not in the sense that its there for a minute then gone then back, but sometimes its non existent (powers up) but either has extremely low signal or isn't getting boost from the amp.

Then it can show up randomly either at next power up of the car, or it can just appear out of nowhere after being dormant for 30mins +.

I haven't been able to trace this down to anything specific.

I believe this occurred even before when I had two Infinity amps (one mono and one four channel).

Alpine 9886 deck
Alpine PDX5 amplifier

Could it be a voice coil crapping out?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: May 16, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »

Could be almost anything. May be a good idea to start with what's easy to test and work your way from there.

Tim
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 17, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »

Tips on where to start?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: May 17, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »

Well, usually voice coils don't just cut in and out. They fail and stop working forever. You may want to try another speaker on that channel. If it does the same thing, then it could be the amp.

Tim
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 03, 2014, 11:27:04 PM »

Another noted today, it can "come on" and "come off" without changing input or powering down the deck.

I was listening at low volume, trying to get it to "come on". One trick to get it to appear is turn the Bass + higher on deck (not sub level), then turn the volume up a little and wait for it to show up. Once its active again, turn the Bass back to 0. Continued listening at this medium/high volume for a little but until I turned it down at a stop light. When I brought it down, I noticed the sub disappear again.

A S I M O
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 10, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »

You think maybe the amp is over heating, shutting off, then once it cools down it turns back on again?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 04, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »

I've started to get some serious engine whine coming from my speakers.  I've checked the grounds for my HU and amp and they appear fine.  I bought some ground loop isolators but I'm afraid they will affect my sound quality so I haven't installed them yet. 

When I ran my amp power cable and speaker RCAs, I ran them together along the same side of the car.  I've been reading that this can cause engine noise.  However, if this was the culprit, the engine noise would have been present right from the start when everything was installed, not just appear one day out of the blue.  Correct?
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012