Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:39:53 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194121 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: August 21, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »

Where does the other end of that wire go to?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 21, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »

There is a red wire on the camera end that I tapped into the positive wire at the turn signal light socket.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: August 21, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »

The turn signal or the reverse light?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 21, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

Sorry, I meant the reverse light. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: August 21, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »

Okay, then you need that wire connected to your head unit.  You can just run your own wire.  Your last camera just had it integrated into the harness.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 21, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »

Ahh ok.  I guess that isn't a big deal since I have to run the new cord for the camera anyway. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: August 21, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

Yeah.  The last camera you had, just had the wire integrated into the harness.  It's convenient if the camera doesn't break.  Wink

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2013, 07:17:09 AM »

$500 later, I have working blinkers.  There was apparently a short in the rear turn signals somewhere.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the accident I was in last year where my whole rear end had to be rebuilt. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »

$500 later, I have working blinkers.  There was apparently a short in the rear turn signals somewhere.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the accident I was in last year where my whole rear end had to be rebuilt. 

You should go back to the shop that did the repair and bring them the bill.  At the very least, contact your insurance company and let them know about it and see if they can help you work with the shop that did the repairs.

Tim
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2013, 10:00:03 PM »

Any Recommendations for component speakers for the front door? Budget ~200$

Mine have been causing nothing but problems

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »

nada

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »

I don't have any recommendations.  I always have my favorite brands.  Alpine and Polk Audio are two companies that I would listen to if you have time to check them out.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 23, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »

I've run polk components in both my '98 accord and in my '07 accord.  Very good stuff for a reasonable price. 
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 23, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »

I've also ran Polk 3-way speakers in my old vehicle and then installed/transferred the same speakers into my Accord.  Been running strong and still clear for almost 10 years now.  I plan to go with Polk again, or at least listen to Alpine as Tim suggested Grin....

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 29, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

I do like Alpine, the Alpine amp has been working great since I switched to it. I'll pull the old speaker to make sure that its the speaker's problem, or if its something else (water?) before putting money on a replacement.

A S I M O
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012