Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:49:27 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195905 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

Aftermarket is better.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 09, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »

Changed the sub box to ported. Increased the gain on sub from the amp. Now feels like the bass it should feel like. I like the response so far

A S I M O
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 05, 2013, 07:50:42 AM »

So I have an odd and slightly worrying problem that just developed.  When I shift into reverse, my backup camera displays a very distorted and static like picture.  However, that is the least of my worries.  When I use my blinker, the display on my head unit turns off until the blinker is turned off.  Not only that, but when I have my blinker on, ALL of my rear exterior lights blink.  Brake lights, stop lights, even my license plate lights blink!  WTF?!   I'm assuming this has something to do with the backup camera.  I'm going to take the trunk apart and look at the wiring when I get off work, but any suggestions of what to look for?  Until I get this fixed, I won't have working blinkers Sad 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: August 05, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »

Don't worry about it.  Turn signals are optional to most people. 

I would look for damage to your wiring.  Look in the wiring guide to find out what color the wires are for your turn signals.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 05, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »

Turn Signal (Left) - red/blue - (+) - top of fuse box (large white plug)
Turn Signal (Right) - brown - (+) - top of fuse box (large white plug)

Okay so here are the two wires at the fuse box.

From the fuse box, they go to this connector behind the fog light switch.

Nothing looks out of place to me.  I also checked the wires at all four turn signals and nothing looks damaged.  I did find this random plug at the rear driver's side turn signal that wasn't plugged into anything.  Any idea what it is for?

I also checked out the wires I tapped at the backup light socket for the rear view camera and they were fine. 

I'm starting to think this has to be a problem with the wiring behind the stereo.  What else would cause my head unit's display to flash with the blinkers?  I should note that the sound does not go out, just the display. 

So confused  Cry
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 06, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »

Took the stereo apart last night and checked all the connections.  Everything looked fine.  I'm stumped.  Here are a few quick videos I took of what's going on.

This is with the headlights turned on and the right blinker only on.

Rear

Front

This one is of my head unit freaking out when the blinkers are on. 

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 06, 2013, 08:16:40 AM »

That's it bro. Time to light your car on fire and walk away.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 06, 2013, 09:14:33 AM »

Cheesy

It figures that this happens after I already spend $1,500 in new replacement parts for it. 

When it rains, it pours.  Sad
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »

That's how it is man. I try to keep the parts purchasing down after previous experiences and stick with maintenance mostly.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 06, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

Replaced the turn signal relay.  No change.  Grrrr
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 06, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »

Replaced the turn signal relay.  No change.  Grrrr

My issue is been similar i try the turn signal relay swap  and when i press the brakes and have the hazard lights on the whole dash blinks on and off all the years of looking i still haven't found a fix

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: August 06, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »

That's not natural.  I'll have to look into this a little deeper.

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 06, 2013, 11:16:52 PM »

That's not natural.  I'll have to look into this a little deeper.
On same note Same thing happens when i swap the brake bulbs with leds whole interior lights up when brake is press ,i thought it was maybe a resistance issue but even load resistors do me no justice

ikethegreat what have you tried  so far besides the relay ?

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 07, 2013, 07:37:13 AM »

ikethegreat what have you tried  so far besides the relay ?

Just that and inspecting as much wiring as I could.  I honestly have no idea what else to do.  I had really hoped that the relay was the problem. 

I'm not sure how I missed this before, but the wife pointed out last night that when I turn my blinker on, there is a knocking noise coming from somewhere behind the dash.  I'm not talking about the normal blinker clicking, this is a knocking that happens in rhythm with the normal clicking. 

I'm not 100% sure where it is coming from, but it sounds like it's coming from beneath the stereo..... I really hope it isn't the ECU....
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 07, 2013, 08:25:09 AM »

It was suggested on v6p to replace the combination switch so I'll try that seeing as it is only a $25 part.  Not sure how hard it is to replace though...
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012