Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:27:47 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195638 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 25, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »

I'm not surprised the company isn't around anymore. Was the old camera the type that goes above the plate or was it a license plate light replacement type?

Above the plate type. 

Is the connection to your rear view cam look like a aux 3.5 mm cable ?

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 25, 2012, 01:28:57 PM »

I really have no idea.  These are the only wires I see in the trunk for the camera. 

I'm tempted to just buy a camera then just have a local shop install it to avoid any hassles with having to redo the installation. 
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 25, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »

That one connector to the right with no tape on it looks just like what Clemente is talking about.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 25, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »

Because it looks like my spare  there all over ebay but i got mines off some chines distributors site till i found the one i liked ,there pretty durable and easy to swap this one is all metal and more durable then the knock offs part # is  E360

Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 25, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »

That looks like the one I want too, found it on ebay! Cheesy

A S I M O
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 25, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »

yeah fits good with out drilling and the angle is perfect once center , Tmart sells the higher quality ones

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2012, 07:51:56 AM »

Thanks man, I'll look that one up.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 26, 2012, 07:58:35 AM »

I think that one will work perfectly.  The wires look the same.

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 28, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »

Tim.  Read this in ubermike's profile thread.

80 Hz is a good crossover point for the front speakers actually. You'll have more midbass up front, which will fool your brain to localizing the bass in front of you instead of behind you. The higher you have your subwoofer crossover set, the easier it will be to localize where the bass is coming from.

I did not change the crossover frequency from 80Hz.  When setting the crossover frequency, it also allows adjustment of +/- 6 from the base frequency (i.e. my HU has base frequency settings of 60 Hz, 80Hz and 125Hz).  Should I also make that additional detailed adjustment?  If yes, what settings would you recommend?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:16:58 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: September 28, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »

Are you talking about the crossover slope?  If you can set the crossover frequency and slope for the interior speakers (front and rear independently) and the sub on the head unit, then you're in good shape.  If it were my set up, I'd have the front speaker crossover frequency set at 80 Hz with a -3 dB slope, the rear speaker crossover frequency at 125 Hz with a -3 dB slope, and the sub crossover frequency at 80 Hz with a -3 dB slope.

If you can only set the interior speakers and not the sub, then you will need to figure out if your sub amp has an adjustable or fixed crossover slope.  Usually it's fixed.  If it's fixed, you'll need to figure out what the slope is.  Would you happen to have a link to the owners manual of your head unit?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 30, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »

Pretty sure its the crossover frequency. I'll take a look at your suggestions and see what my HU is capable of. I have the link for the HU's owner's manual saved somewhere, Tim. I'll edit this post when I find it. Thx for the other info; very much appreciated.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: September 30, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »

That's odd.  Doesn't make sense to me why you would be able to adjust it +/- 6 Hz.  At those frequencies, you won't be able to tell a difference.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40:26 AM »

Well, I'm an audio n00b, so I could just be incorrectly stating some things. Just know the real basics. The manual should explain more. Will get that info ASAP. Smiley

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: October 01, 2012, 01:49:36 AM »

Cool man.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 04, 2012, 02:39:55 PM »

While messing around with my rear view camera, I came across a connecter that wasn't plugged into anything.  I don't see anything near it to plug into, any ideas what it is for? 

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012