Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:54:01 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195280 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: September 21, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »

And just so I don't fuck something up, where do I even plug it in at?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: September 21, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »

We may need to figure out how the shop fucked up your set up.  It seems like they are lazy.  Anyway, the best way to do it is to plug the cable into the AMP1 RCA inputs.  Don't spend much on the cable also.  Get the cheapest one you can find.  Also, make sure the iPod volume is turned all the way down when you start out and slowly raise the volume.  I'll PM you my number if you have any questions while you're doing this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 21, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »

Plug in right where it says input. If you have multiple RCA inputs, unplug them (remember where they came from obviously) and plug that adapter in you posted. If you get sound, from the amp->out is good. Matter of fact, you may be able to do it from the 360 but I'm not familiar with the inputs of it.

Edit-Tim beat me to it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: September 21, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »

The 360 is really pointless because it's basically a higher end line level converter.  Since he's using an aftermarket h/u, it's useless.  The shop was lazy and didn't want to do the work.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 21, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

Thanks guys I'll try this and Tim I'll give you a call if I have any problems. 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »

Well I looked at everything again before I went and bought anything and I'm glad I did.  My capacitor looks like it took a beating during the accident and apparently one of the power wires slipped out of the terminal.  I didn't notice it yesterday because it was still in the shrink wrap tubing but just barely touching the terminal, which I guess is why it would work for a second sometimes.  I'm just glad for once it was an easy fix! 

Thanks for the help fellas
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 21, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »

New question!

My backup camera was destroyed in the accident.  I wasn't going to replace it because I didn't feel like running the wires and shit all over.  BUT when I was fixing my system I noticed these wires were taped up on the inside of the headliner in my trunk.  My question is, if I get a new camera, can I just plug it into these wires and be good to go?  The two wires that are electrical taped up had a yellow tag with writing on it.  I noted in the picture what the writing said on each wire. 

A lot of the rear view cameras I looked up seem to have different connections so I'm not sure what to do.  For example:

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 21, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »

You should be able to used the old harness if you get the same type of rearview cam you already had

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 21, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »

The thing is, the camera came with the POS chinese HU I have.  No clue where to get a new one, the company isn't even around anymore.   Angry
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 21, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »

I'm not surprised the company isn't around anymore. Was the old camera the type that goes above the plate or was it a license plate light replacement type?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: September 21, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »

Back up cameras should all have the same signal wires.  You should have power and ground and then 2 wires for the video signal.

Tim
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 22, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »

Ordered a PDX5, baffles... b-queit came in already

Need ot find me a backup camera though!

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: September 23, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »

I have one in my trunk keyhole.  I just got an inexpensive one off of eBay.  Where in Ontario are you again?

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 24, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »

I'm not surprised the company isn't around anymore. Was the old camera the type that goes above the plate or was it a license plate light replacement type?

Above the plate type. 

Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 25, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »

I am in Oakville (Toronto Area)

A S I M O
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: