Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:48:16 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 201213 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2009, 09:11:24 PM »

There is no such thing as composite audio.  There is composite video though.  PM me about this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »

Tim can you please move back home to MI??? I would gladly hire you to build me a system.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »

Quote from: "mitchigan"
Tim can you please move back home to MI??? I would gladly hire you to build me a system.

Sorry, no.  I have living in MA, but I will only move back to a warmer climate with an economy that's somewhat stable.  I have no desire to move back to MI for any reason.  I am however willing to come out there to do your install.  My brother lives in Lansing, and I'm pretty sure he'd let me use his garage for an install.  I usually get out there once a year to visit family and friends.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2009, 11:39:44 PM »

Can a EX 6-disc changer HU drive 4-ohm aftermarket speakers?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:43 PM »

Sure.  The speakers will be underpowered, but they will work.  If you just want to swap your speakers, you should be fine.  I'd recommend creating some sort of gasket with double sided tape between the speaker and the mounting location when you replace the speakers.

Tim
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2009, 12:58:06 AM »

Cool. I have a pair of these coming from Amazon for $80 shipped.  

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/product ... l=SPS-600C
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2009, 08:09:03 AM »

I think everyone on the forum knows that you got those Greg!

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »

I seem to recall a mass PM regarding those speakers. Its a vague recollection though. How about another PM reminding me?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »

Haha....yeah I suppose you guys are right!
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »

I have a question... If your ride came with the oem h/u with dual climate control then you got a harness to covert it over to single because a Metra Kit was purchased, would you be able to use the same harness that is now single into a oem h/u that has single climate control? I was just thinking about this cuz I found some oem h/u on ebay for a good price but they are single climate control.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

Sure.  Give it a try.

Tim
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »

Lets bring this thread back up to the top.

Does anyone know if the USA-Spec will work in a car without XM or Navi? Will it display text and allow me to use steering wheel controls?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »

Yeah, it should work.  The best source of information is the manufacturer of the product.  The first place I would start looking for information is their website, or calling their tech support.  That's where I start with any research I do about a product I'm interested in purchasing.  I've done a few installs with OEM h/u's that had this and they worked.  I think it depends on which h/u you have (single CD/single climate; 6 CD/single climate; 6 CD dual climate) to determine whether it will display text.

Tim
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »

I have the 6 CD single climate. I've tried crutchfield and it tells me it'll work with my car so I think it'll work. I just don't know what I'd wire it up to since I do have a button to switch from CD to AUX (I guess I'd use a connector in the back that's left over or something). I'm not a big audio guy and I'd be doing this myself. I'd only be interested if I can get text and can use the stereo controls though.

I'm going to email USA-Spec and see what they say.

EDIT: Started browsing the site first and seems that if you don't have XM it will not display text (will only display playlist number and track name). Sort of a bummer. Don't know if there is a solution that will do both (control via Steering wheel and show track names).

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »

To confirm I have dual climate, and 6 cd without XM, and when I had this installed it did not display text.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012