Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:40:56 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailing Your Car  (Read 18228 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »

I have a really nasty car that I am going to detail tomorrow. It has a nice dried on bug collection and pretty much anything else you can think of. Is there any to give like the whole car a bug and tar treatment. Or just a pre-rinse. Any suggestions?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 07:49:03 PM »

FK 425'ed the whole car the other day. Waiting to see how this stuff does against our daily pollen shower

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I have a really nasty car that I am going to detail tomorrow. It has a nice dried on bug collection and pretty much anything else you can think of. Is there any to give like the whole car a bug and tar treatment. Or just a pre-rinse. Any suggestions?

Kinda late to be asking now, eh? Try a strong mixture of car soap and a plastic pot scrubber that is soft and not scratchy. If it makes marks, go to something else as the scrubber Best of luck.

Rick, token old bastard.
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
FK 425'ed the whole car the other day. Waiting to see how this stuff does against our daily pollen shower

It does help but don't expect miracles against a 24/7 bombardment from Mama Nature.

Rick, token old bastard.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 11:36:40 AM »

Quote from: "RTexasF"
Quote from: "Abailey4"

It does help but don't expect miracles against a 24/7 bombardment from Mama Nature.

Yeah that's what I saw when I walked out this morning.  It lessened the amount that could be on there most definitely.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:49:36 PM »

anyone ever used a Little Green Machine to do the carpets? im giving it a shot here soon on the rear mats. no stains or anything i just want to try and really clean em lol
Anonymous
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »

Quote from: "rjp6262"
anyone ever used a Little Green Machine to do the carpets? im giving it a shot here soon on the rear mats. no stains or anything i just want to try and really clean em lol

havent' tried them either, but let us know how it went.
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »

Quote from: "rjp6262"

I've got one and it has been outstanding! It's a lightweight for sure, not meant to be used several times a day week in and week out but it cuts the mustard. This was one swipe on a four year old carpet mat that had never been cleaned. I did pre-treat with Folex.
This mat was trashed and has a hole in it but the finished product was as clean as new and took all of 10 minutes + drying time.

After four or five swipes:

Rick, token old bastard.
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »

yeah i highly recommend it. this is what came out of my carpets...92k miles on them. and the past 2 or 3 weeks i have taken them out every weekend and vacuumed them, and scrubbed them down with carpet cleaner!

gross isnt it? and that's just my mats! all 4 of them! can't wait to do the carpet. lol and there was a little difference in the look of the mats when i compared the one i cleaned to one that wasn't cleaned. but there wasn't as good of justice as Ricks pictures. in all this took about 2 hours. not too bad but when you can do it like once or twice a year, it's not bad at all.
bottom line: if you have one, use it!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52:39 PM »

I've been debating getting one of those little green machines.  Glad to hear you have had good results under normal use.  It looks like that will be my next detailing investment.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 01:23:34 AM »

yeah. just need to tackle the rest of the carpet in my car now! ill post up results of that when i get the time.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »

Good job RJ. Keep it modded keep it clean!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I've been debating getting one of those little green machines.  Glad to hear you have had good results under normal use.  It looks like that will be my next detailing investment.

I caught it at Target with ten bucks the regular price so keep an eye peeled. I got the one that heats the solution but I don't know that its worth the little bit extra over the one that does not.

Rick, token old bastard.
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »

the one we have has the heater feature as well. you think this thing could be used to clean seats?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 02:35:31 PM »

I've read on detailing forums that they used it to clean cloth seats, but does lack a little with water extraction resulting in the seats being damp for a little while.  For a regular user like me, that's just fine.  I have read up on the ones that heat the solution and the ones that don't, and see that there's only a $10 difference.  Either way, I'm going to start looking for deals soon.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012