Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:11:56 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear brake contact  (Read 25787 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »

So for example, raysbestos rear calipers are just OEM parts redone?

Does that mean they may suffer the same fate as my oem calipers?

There are plenty of raysbestos part numbers.. how do I know which one to take?

Of course I don't want to buy a loose caliper, Do they normally include pads?

They will probably fail at some point in time. Unless they specify new they are probably remans, and a loaded caliper (difficult to find) will come with pads but, they are generally pads you would want on your car anyway. I can probably get a set of remans pretty cheap. I think I paid $50 for the driver caliper that I just changed.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »

Rock auto has loaded ones...

Kinda unfortunate that even if i get OEM or aftermarket they might fail down the road...   I guess they did last ~150000km

If you can get me prices on loaded ones (ie I don't have to rebuild the entire caliper with all the little parts) I'd appreciate that

i don't really care about having pads included though
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:04:26 PM by Asim » Logged

A S I M O
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »

Rock auto has loaded ones...

Kinda unfortunate that even if i get OEM or aftermarket they might fail down the road...   I guess they did last ~150000km

If you can get me prices on loaded ones (ie I don't have to rebuild the entire caliper with all the little parts) I'd appreciate that

i don't really care about having pads included though

All calipers come with those parts. Loaded is only referring to brake pads. Hardware is always included, and generally brackets are as well.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »

Ah! Gotcha... that helps a lot

If I buy OEM as shown on previous page, is that also "assembled" w/o pads

A S I M O
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »

No idea but, I wouldn't spend the extra cash on them so I couldn't tell you.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »

I think the right word is semi-loaded for what im after

A S I M O
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »

yes...
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »

Rock auto is charging about 120 for semi loaded calipers... including the core charge

Core charge means I have to send my rotors back in to them to save right, almost like a deposit?

I don't think that would really be worth it for me sending it back from Canada would be costly...

I could go OEM for 10$ more \

How did you get for 50$?

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »

He has an employee discount at NAPA.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 08:53:12 AM »

I could get you all the calipers you need for 250 but there is like 220 in core charges... So it would be like 470 then 220 returned to you. But like you said the shipping sucks.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »

Not trying to cock-block Mike from a sale (He's a good guy was willing to help me out) , but I'm located in Canada so I can check at work when I get back from lunch how much it would be if you want. Not sure how much they are but the shipping would be cheaper at least :p also I'm the warehouse manager, so no commission for me aha just trying to help a fellow member.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »

Not trying to cock-block Mike from a sale (He's a good guy was willing to help me out) , but I'm located in Canada so I can check at work when I get back from lunch how much it would be if you want. Not sure how much they are but the shipping would be cheaper at least :p also I'm the warehouse manager, so no commission for me aha just trying to help a fellow member.

I already suggested you via PM... I could care less about the sale.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »

BTW he's looking for Accord rears and legend GS fronts.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »

Brand/manufacturer?

Thanks for the help guys!

A S I M O
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »

Oh ok good aha! I know some people make their living off sales. I just didn't want to take food off anyones table, so to speak. Brand is DNS they are rebuilt semi loaded calipers. The grand total is a staggering $866.62 taxes in. But $260 of that is core charges, so $606.62 with your cores (if you can find some ruined legend calipers from a junkyard to give us for cores or something) or if you can't locate legend cores it's $716.62 :/ kinda pricey I'm sure I can get a better price if I talk to the manager (the person I went to for the quote is a tight ass and didn't apply any sort of discount :p), and maybe work something out with shipping.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012