Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:40:31 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Battery Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 37735 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »

No shit man.  I've been in a K24 Accord that revs up to 8k though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »

lol. Yeah Pretty late. It was very scary seeing the needle that high. Anyhow thanks for the offer tim but shipping would be outrageous even for that small part. If it does break again or my negative cable breaks in half I'll definitely contact you. Thanks again though.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 09:52:18 PM »

yea stock terminals suck my positive side never seems to want to tighten all the way and the negative is just crap i will be upgrading the terminals and making my own negative cables

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »

well my battery died today so i guess ill be looking for new battery. will try to keep under 100 since i dont have audio system or anything

probably gona get duralast gold its 620CCA
there is regular duralast which is 500CCA.

what you think. is there much difference? i think honda battery that i had is 400CCA

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »

That extra just might help you start your car on a cold ass day.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »

I'd stay away from duralast I personally have had nothing but, problems with them.  I'd go with Diehard or Interstae the prices should be close to the same, and I think you will have better results.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I'd stay away from duralast I personally have had nothing but, problems with them.  I'd go with Diehard or Interstae the prices should be close to the same, and I think you will have better results.

+1

I'm still running the same battery since it was new in the Honda. I'm sure it'll give up through this winter though.  I've actually had good luck with Walmart batteries, believe it or not.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »

I have had a Duralast Gold in my car since May of 07, when I got it. I havent had any problems out of it at all, but I also live in a some what mild climate with lows around 20. I also keep my car in a climate controlled garage 99% of the time, so that might help.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »

I got the Duralast red top for the i4 recently, and it works fine under normal conditions, but I noticed that when it gets really cold it immediately gets really weak to start. But that's to be known with cold weather. Whenever this one dies I'm going to upgrade to the v6 battery and possibly get the Duralast gold top, or something of equivalence.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »

My car also still has the factory original battery. I would stay away from auto zone parts as much as possiable. A lot of the brands they carry have gone to shit IMO.
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »

so with my new job being that i travel a lot, i originally had my girl starting my car once or twice a week while i was gone. after the 3rd week i was gone she went to start it and it was dead 100%, didnt even click or anything she said. so i started to disconnect the battery when i left in case i had a power drain somewhere. when i reconnected it, it still needed a jump start. i was out of town for a week this past week and i had to jump it again. now since i've been driving it everyday, whenever i go to start it, it seems to lag when starting. the battery is a yellow top optima that is about 3 years old and i thought these batteries are supposed to last longer than that?? sometimes it wont even remote start because that's using more juice to remote start it.

i honestly dont have the patience or time to troubleshoot a battery drain and im hoping its just a bad battery that i can easily replace.

or is there something else i'm missing and could try without getting all up in the engine and shit?

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2011, 11:39:58 PM »

i had a yellow optima take a shit on me last year.. i got a duramaxx at walmart and called it a day.

rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »

yeah well if i didnt have my damn tsunami battery top distribution block i would just get a battery that is really good but cheaper than the optima

for sale!
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »

got a new one and have no issues now. was a battery problem

for sale!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »

Optima batteries are no longer good.  They got bought out by another company, cut costs, and aren't worth shit any more.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012