Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:18:31 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Battery Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 37481 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
Its a good starter battery. I got it like back in October, and my car started right up when it was 20 below.

Kool ima pick it up on Thursday... Thanks Thien

UPDATE: Picked up the Interstate Mega Tron ll today and so far its great! and I love the green top  ;)

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »

My dumbass killed my oem battery doing my mirrors, but my car did stand for about a 1 month before i came home. I just bought an Autocraft silver from AdvanceAuto for $56 after the $10 core return and my friends 25% discount. Since im only running my hids off the battery i dont need any of those expensive batteries.

On another note, when i worked at Advance back in philly, i had handful of people have major problems with the optimas, On our charging machines it took the optimas aver an hour to charge. So i never liked them to begin with.

How much stuff are you running off the battery?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »

I'll repeat this again.  Your battery does not power any of your electrical components while your engine is running.  Your alternator powers all electrical components when your engine is running.  Your battery is strictly used to start your engine and run components when your engine is not running.

I would recommend using a battery tender when you do any electrical work on your car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 12:43:29 AM »

^
^ That's what i meant, like running subs or entertainment stuff. I was just being a dumbass in my situation, i completely disregarded the fact that i had those step lights and shit on. I guess we learn from our mistakes?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »

Quite true.  I try to always use a battery tender when doing electrical work.  It's a safe step to take so you don't deep cycle the battery and reduce it's life.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 08:58:41 AM »

Hi Guys. Me Again. This time something strange happened to me last night. I was cruising around and then I hit a streetbump and all of a sudden my car shuts off completely and the interior lights started to flicker. I open up the hood to see that the negative battery terminal snapped off of the cable. Then I made a "connection" using black electrical tape and when I turned on my car the RPM Needle was way above 8k and it remained there even when the car was on idle. When I accelerate it also stays there. I returned home and removed the battery. I was wondering what should I do? Is the RPM Needle something the ECU controls and when I put my battery back on it will go back to where it's supposed to? Also should I buy replacement terminals or the whole negative cable with the terminal? If so which terminals do you guys recommend. Is it a hard install? Thanks for your time.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 10:04:30 AM »

i would think terminals are terminals.... get a decent name brand like Monster or Street Wire tho and dont go with some ebay special.

This also gives you a chance to upgrade your ground wire... or possible think about doing a 5-7 wire home made grounding kit
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... sa=title#p

GL man... i say just rip it off...get new terminals.. (pep boys/autozone since you are in sort of a time crunch to get yur car working)
replace your ground wire with some better and maybe larger gauge wire (2-6 gauge)....call it a day

i think after that you should be able let the car idle and the ecu will reset itself

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »

Thanks I upgraded the terminals to the streetwire brand that you posted and now the car starts fine. The needle is all messed up. I haven't let it idle. Should I let it idle for some time to see if the RPM needle comes back down? I mean it's really off. It's all the way after the 8k mark and it's now gone behind the speedo. I'm gonna let it idle for a while to see if the needle comes back down. If not what can I do to get it to work normally again? Thanks!
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »

thats funny i did the same thing on the highway and my car was still running.. i only found out after i shut the car off at the gas station and could not restart.... nothing happened to the needle though

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »

How long have you let the car sit completely off the battery

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »

Well the battery was off for about 10 hours. But it's working fine now.I drove it around and the RPM needle fell to it's normal position and it's working flawlessly now. Thanks guys!
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »

Yeah that happened to me, those terminals dont last very long if you fiddle with your car's electronics and disconnect the battery a lot.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

I've got an extra OEM battery ground strap.  It's yours if you want it.  Just pay for shipping.

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »

wtf your need is at 8k? Spoon sport accord?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 09:58:38 PM »

Holy late response Ken!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012