Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:43:19 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Support Another Member  (Read 20362 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »

Hey guys.  I'm writing this thread to ask for help to do something nice for another member.  I don't want to get too specific about the details to respect his privacy, but here's the long and short of it.  There is a member on here that doesn't live too far from me.  He's a really good guy and has been very helpful and welcoming since we moved out to Ohio.  He's helped me out a bunch with my car since I've been here, and I've seen him help a lot of other people that he's friends with.  Not too long ago he was plagued with clutch problems with his master cylinder (similar to what I was going through a few years ago) and his car has been down for quite some time now.  I found out a few days ago that he is in the hospital with some health issues and will probably be laid up for a few weeks.  I talked to his wife today and found out that he just needed a clutch line and someone to install some parts.  I am more than glad to replace the parts, but I don't have enough money to buy the clutch line.  

What I'm asking for is donations from anyone that can spare a few bucks.  I know there are a lot of members here, and even the smallest contribution will help if a lot of people kick in.  What I want to do is raise the money to buy the parts he needs so I can fix his car, and any left over money will be given to him to take care of any living expenses while he is away from work.  I'm really hoping to try and get this done before he comes home from the hospital as a surprise.  

If you plan on donating, please use the donate button for the forum.  When you make your donation through paypal, send it as a gift so there aren't any paypal fees added.  Please make sure you post in here when you have donated.  I want everyone that has helped out with this to get recognition.  PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:21:36 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:23:50 AM »

Tim, I ran into some unexpected expenses saturday so I am now out 200 bucks for a tux for a wedding I do not want o be in. But when I get paid again will gladly send some your way

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:00:23 AM »

Thanks Mike.  Anything will help.  No matter how little you think it may be.  I'm hoping more people are willing to pitch in and help out.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »

Not exactly wealthy at the moment but, I sent something your way.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »

This thread finally pushed me to signup for paypal just gotta wait the 5 business days for the cash to be added then it's on it's way. *thumbsup* hope he gets better soon!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:30:25 AM »

Tim, I'll send some your way as soon as I have some cash.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:08:23 AM »

Thanks Mike.  Your donation is much appreciated.  I'm not wealthy either, but I know that we can all come together to help out.

Austin, I'm glad this could be the catalyst for you to make some changes.

Z, anything will help.  I don't expect people to drop a lot of cash on this, but if a group of people donate $5-10 each, it will add up quickly.

Tim
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »

Tim, I sent what I could.  I wish I had more to spare, but my recent move just wiped me.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »

Thank you Brian.  Your donation is greatly appreciated no matter what the amount is.

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »

dropped off some money for you. Will drop off more when I get paid for Dave headlights.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »

Donation sent!

I’m glad to help out anyway that I can. I can only hope that If I ever need help, you guys will come guns a blazing.

God speed to whoever needs this help. Wishing him a speedy recovery
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 09:43:25 PM »

I get paid Friday, I'll try to send some money your way.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »

Thanks Ken and Jeremy.  I received the email that you guys donated when I was out working.  You guys are awesome.  You better believe that I would do the same thing for you guys.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »

I sent a donation your way! I hope that we get enough people to pool together the cash needed!

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:25 AM »

Thanks Jeff.  From all the donations made, we're getting pretty close to being able to pay for the parts.  I really hope people keep donating so we can give them extra so money isn't tight while he's out of work.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012