Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:51:13 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power wire  (Read 16019 times)
CNY240

Reputation Power: 1
CNY240 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »

Looking for tips and tricks and pictures of how to run and where to run your amp power line from battery to trunk for a amp. mostly where is it the easiest to run through and what gromets or where to drill and add your own. pictures and how to pop off plastic or remove plastics tips are all great helps for this!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »

I'll let you know right now that you can run power wire from your battery to your trunk without drilling any holes.  I can get pictures in a few weeks, but it's too damn cold outside and I'm too damn busy packing up my shit to move.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »

A quick search revealed this thread. Search is your friend. Try it sometime.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

@ Cracker Teg- yes it is helpful but  i didnt find it too be. I did search it before posting : P im trying to eliminate the uneeded material and focuz on running through the fire wall and inside the cabin for poping the plastics of to hide a 4 gauge wire. it was helpful but when i went to find where they ran it, i couldnt. thats why im trying to find some more pictures detailing only the power wire how fellow members have done it  Cheesy
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »

@ Timot- i know its too cold! i tried looking  for that gromet and  couldnt find it since i dont know where 100% thanks alot!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »

It will be a few weeks, but I'll have pictures when I have time.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:31:35 PM »

The grommet in the fire wall is right about where your clutch pedal would be (to the left of the brake pedal about 3-4 inches up), very noticeable. I ran it from the grommet right behind the panel where the interior fuse box is and under the panels of the door steps straight under the rear seat from the back floor panel.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

idk if it makes a differnce im in a 05 accord 4 dr. but ill check tomorrow. thanks man!
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »

idk if it makes a difference im in a 05 accord 4 dr. but ill check tomorrow. thanks man!
No it doesn't, just make sure you run the wire on the driver side since the battery is located on that side! Run your RCA cables and remote wire on the passenger side to reduce interference. I'm NO expert  Lips Sealed but my system sounds good and the setup is nice and neat!  Wink

...good luck!

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »

Run your remote turn on wire down the same side as your power wire.  Keep all power wires away from your RCA's if you want to prevent induced noise.  I'm no expert either, but I am a licensed MECP installer and have an extensive background in electronics, audio systems, and acoustics.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »

Run your remote turn on wire down the same side as your power wire.  Keep all power wires away from your RCA's if you want to prevent induced noise.  I'm no expert either, but I am a licensed MECP installer and have an extensive background in electronics, audio systems, and acoustics.

Sounds "experty" to me.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »

CNY, just like Billy said, its that plastic grommit to the left of the brake pedal. If you have a manual, you can't use that hole. As for the year and model, it doesn't matter. The firewall is the same for all 7th gen Accords. BTW, I'm Z.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »

I do infact have a manual acoord.... fml.... but  any quick pictures would help also. as for RCA's im splicing into the rear speakers with one of the line out converters for my RCA's so interferance shouldnt be an issuse just need the aid on  the power wire thats my only hold up
CNY, just like Billy said, its that plastic grommit to the left of the brake pedal. If you have a manual, you can't use that hole. As for the year and model, it doesn't matter. The firewall is the same for all 7th gen Accords. BTW, I'm Z.
so where should the wire be going  Z  now that you ahve shot down that idea  Huh?
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »

i ran mine through a grommet that is located to the right of the gas pedal

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »

I do infact have a manual acoord.... fml.... but  any quick pictures would help also. as for RCA's im splicing into the rear speakers with one of the line out converters for my RCA's so interferance shouldnt be an issuse just need the aid on  the power wire thats my only hold up

HMmm...  lamp splicing into the rear speaker wires to coneect and RCA cable doesn't sound like a good idea bro... [smh] I would personally run theat RCA from the amp straight to your H/U. If you are running to a stock H/U I would suggest obtaining a converter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012