Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:41:02 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455075 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »

yep i bet they will take my unlimited data plan away now

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 20, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »

They may grandfather you in like they did me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »

Can't take anything away you have a contract.... It's all good it will help the AT&T network if nothing else, and if they change your plan they void your contract so you can bail on them.
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

i hope they do void my contract even though my contract expires in aug, i can see them not having their shit together by then

-Alec
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »

I was actually planning on switching cause my contract is up.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 21, 2011, 05:05:20 AM »

As am I. Fuck AT&T. They're still too fucking expensive. Mike, be prepared to see your rates go up.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: March 21, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »

Can't raise rates when your locked into a contract. Again if they do it voids the contract and I'm ghost! maybe Metro PCS Verizon sucks to... Who knows if that deal ever gets completed or not anyway. Reports of deals don't really mean anything. My company has been reportly sold 15 times in the last year.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:57:12 AM by Mike » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 21, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »

I was going to switch to t-mobile, but was kind of iffy about it, because I didn't want to use my unlimited data plan.  Plus, I was just going to jail break my iPhone because I didn't want to buy a new phone.  This latest 3GS that apple gave me seems to be handling pretty good.  Now I guess I'll just wait for the next iPhone to come out and get that. 

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 21, 2011, 12:02:06 PM »

Can't raise rates when your locked into a contract. Again if they do it voids the contract and I'm ghost! maybe Metro PCS Verizon sucks to... Who knows if that deal ever gets completed or not anyway. Reports of deals don't really mean anything. My company has been reportly sold 15 times in the last year.

yeah, they haven't nailed anything down because it has to be approved by the SEC I believe.. and they may deem the buyout bad due to it combining the number 2 and number 4 companies, leaving consumers with less choices nationally.  AT&T and T-Mobile are trying to appeal to the FCC with the fact that their coverage would reach to a lot more rural areas and provide access to more parts of the country, the way Obama wants to.  So it's fairly possible that it goes through.. but it'll take at least a year for that to be approved. (IMO at least)

-brian
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 21, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »

I'm sure there is a clause in the contract somewhere pertaining to a buy out. There is always a loop hole. Assuming this all goes through, AT&T is going to reconfigure T-Mobile's towers for 4G. Meaning that anyone with a T-Mobile 3G phone is going to have to get a new phone because it won't run on AT&T's 3G towers. That and that T-Mobile customers rates will go up are the two big things I've read about related to the merger. If it goes through, it won't be finalized for a year anyways. Most of this is coming from Ralph de la Vega and Randall Stephenson.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #940 on: March 21, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »

I read my contract yesterday, and there is nothing about a buyout. Either way it doesn't matter. If they have to give me a new phone I'm happy with it but, I would imigine that T Mobile 3G customers would get a software update or something of the like. Doesn't really matter to me I'll be contract free by the time this deal gets approved, and I'd imigine its going to be tough to push it through. Who knows it will be interesting non the less. The only real concern I have is customer service going to shit that has always been there strong point.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 21, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »

From what I read, it will take at least a year for the deal to go through and they still have to pass the regulatory hurdles.  My money is on it'll pass.  Wave enough $$$$ around and you could pass anything.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:49 PM »

Not true Nelson. In a bad economy generally the government wants the public to be provided with as many choices and options as possiable. T-Mobile USA being owned by a non US company may cloud the waters on this deal also.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 21, 2011, 03:39:26 PM »

I'm still hoping it fails.  We need more competition to promote better pricing. 

status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 21, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »

@ bill, not true, i had cingular when att bought them out, and i had 23 months left on my contract and everything stayed the same, price wise.

-Alec
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012