Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:20:16 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455031 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: December 09, 2010, 11:48:36 AM »

Well, the sleep button on my iPhone is stuck. I have researched it a little bit on the internet and Apple will replace the phone under warranty. BUT, my screen is cracked. It has been cracked for a few weeks now and this button got stuck yesterday. You can see the point of impact on my phone is on the bottom so I think it is clear they are unrelated. I'm going to take it to the Apple store tomorrow hoping I'll get it replaced but I guess we will see. Do you guys think the cracked screen will void the warranty?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »

I'm not an Apple employee, so I wouldn't know.  You'd probably get a better answer if you contacted Apple directly. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 09, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »

^what he said..  but I can't imagine dropping your phone voids a warranty.. that's typical wear and tear.  however, I'm not an aficionado on apple's policies.

in reference to Mike's post about the Nexus S.  I'm excited for the phone to come out mainly because of the similarities it has with the galaxy s line.  I'm hoping that some of the system is written close enough to the fascinate that the dev's can find a way to rip that code and port it to the galaxy S line.  otherwise, I have a feeling Samsung is pretty much giving up on updating our phones (sooo pissed by this btw).  I'm not really too optimistic about the Nexus actually being able to help the dev of the fascinate though, just hopeful.

-brian
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: December 09, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »

I can't believe that Motorola/Verizon has already stated the Droid X's end of life at March 2011. That's not that far away. I'm hoping that Motorola at least works on getting Gingerbread on the DX, that would be pretty sweet. If not, oh well. Froyo is pretty awesome, too, haha.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: December 09, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »

The Galaxy S won't see much more than Froyo. It's obvious way it isn't here yet there are only so many available resources, and they were probably all focused on the Nexus S
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 09, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »

I think that manufacturers are "Creating" more fragmentation because it causes them to sell more phones.. since people want the best out there, and they won't update the phones they already have out.. then they create a new phone with the new software that people will have to buy again 6 months later.  It's a downfall to android's platform, but to me, the pro's outweigh that by a ton.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: December 09, 2010, 03:22:18 PM »

I don't know they have upgraded most of the hardware. Alot of deveices from what I heard are not going to meet the software requirements for 2.3
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: December 09, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »

Yay.  Planned obsolescence!  Make it so it's outdated and want to buy another one instead of being able to upgrade what you have.  Fucking consumer whores. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: December 09, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »

All companies do it! Someone told me the I phone for was made with quality materials? Broken screens, and broken buttons already?
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 09, 2010, 11:54:33 PM »

Developers are already starting to port Gingerbread to devices via the Gingerbread SDK..  Talk about quick work, lol..

- Mark
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 10, 2010, 12:06:53 AM »

I don't know they have upgraded most of the hardware. Alot of deveices from what I heard are not going to meet the software requirements for 2.3

I heard this was a rumor, that gingerbread doesn't actually need that "1ghz" processor as the claims say.. not that I'm worried considering the SGS phones have pretty much the top of the line hardware out there.

Developers are already starting to port Gingerbread to devices via the Gingerbread SDK..  Talk about quick work, lol..

yeah those guys on xda and in the IRC channels are insane.  they haven't gotten a successful port to 2.3 yet though.. it's on phones, just really choppy and unusable.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: December 10, 2010, 07:42:30 AM »

It might not need a 1 GHZ processor but, generally you don't need what they tell you to run something you need it to run it smoothly. Just like if you over clock your phone to far it slows down and starts freezing.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 10, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »

There's really no point in me saying anything regarding the Samsung phones because you guys already said it. As for "quality materials" no phone is. All screens crack and buttons fuck up if you drop them and gorilla mash buttons. My phone is going on 2 years with no problems and hacked since day one.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #748 on: December 10, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »

Sumsung is probably the top of the line for current Andriod devices. Being choosen as the Hardware for Googles flagship phone could be a big deal for them as a company and really push them forward.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 11, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »

Whoo! I went to the Apple Store last night. They told me I needed to have a schedule at the Genius Bar, so I made an appointment for 7:45 tonight. Went it, they agreed it was a problem and gave me a new phone for free. He said he would disregard the cracked screen and not void the warranty even though it had "cosmetic damage" which in the warranty contract voids it. I was out at 7:53. I couldn't be happier with the situation or Apple as a company.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012