Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:50:16 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455092 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:38 AM »

I actually listen to a program on Saturdays on an AM out of Providence. It's a buddy of mine is the only real reason though.
jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 13, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »

Thank you lord. The Govt is finally taking charge in cell phone bill and will vote tomorrow to make cell phone carriers send an automatied text to clients when they minutes are about to expire. So no more stories about mysteries $10,000 bills for overage charges.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 13, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »

^I saw that story, carriers have been raping the country for long enough.  I have unlimited everything plan, so it doesn't really affect me directly, but it's still good news.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: October 13, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »

Did you also see that Verizon is refunding up to $90 million for "mystery data" fees?  The FCC is still investigating the matter further because of reports of mysterious data charges for phones that were not enabled for data.  I guess something like 15 million people were charged over the past 2 years.  It's a good thing that the FCC is finally doing something about this and are actually questioning Verizon's shady business practices.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: October 13, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »

I heard an interesting rumor today reguarding the sales for the next Iphone. Not sure how true it is but, it makes sense the thought was that Apple would mimic Googles nexus one sales model, and sell the phones unlocked directly from Apple. It doesn't sound like something apple would do but, given some of the purchases they have made lately it sort of could make sense.
jdmaccord

jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 13, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »

Did you also see that Verizon is refunding up to $90 million for "mystery data" fees?  The FCC is still investigating the matter further because of reports of mysterious data charges for phones that were not enabled for data.  I guess something like 15 million people were charged over the past 2 years.  It's a good thing that the FCC is finally doing something about this and are actually questioning Verizon's shady business practices.

yeah i hear about this but it's only going to be about $2-5 refund per customer
jdmaccord

jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 13, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »

I heard an interesting rumor today reguarding the sales for the next Iphone. Not sure how true it is but, it makes sense the thought was that Apple would mimic Googles nexus one sales model, and sell the phones unlocked directly from Apple. It doesn't sound like something apple would do but, given some of the purchases they have made lately it sort of could make sense.

Interesting. I know that they will start selling to verizon but with most carriers comming out with smart phone, Apple will make more money and drive up shares with an open market. They just lose the exclusive deal with At&t.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: October 13, 2010, 11:33:34 AM »

I'm just glad to hear that the FCC is still investigating their practices.  I hope they nail those fuckers to the wall when they catch them with all the shit they pull with their customers.  Being a customer for the past 10 years, I guarantee that their "policies" have changed to benefit them and screw their customers.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: October 13, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »

I still don't believe the I phone is going to Verizon at any point in time... It's been rumored for years, and hasn't happened yet i'm not sure its going to.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: October 13, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »

I believe that Verizon has been blowing smoke up their customer's asses about it to try and retain their business.  Shady practices with those motherfuckers.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »

I still don't believe the I phone is going to Verizon at any point in time... It's been rumored for years, and hasn't happened yet i'm not sure its going to.

Not sure if you read The Wall Street Journal or not, but they had an article on the front page about Apple readying the iPhone for Verizon last Thursday. I'm not sure if I still have the article or not. They said that AT&T is loosing their lock in the iPhone and the Verizon iPhone will be for sale in the 1st quarter of next year. They expect it to add 10 million iPhone customers. A really impressive number they released was that Android users jumped from about 900,000 to 11 million in a year, but that Apple intends to sell 40 million iPhones this year.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: October 13, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »

I'm going to wait this one out.  I'm content with my current phone. 

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: October 13, 2010, 02:55:04 PM »

I'm very happy with Android... Can't wait to see how Verizon ruins the Iphone lol. They really tend to fuck shit up.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2010, 02:57:47 PM »

Haha! They also talked about Verizon network quality and how they were going to have to bulk it up to handle the "data hungry" iPhones.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »

They will end up loading it with bloatware like everything else. They have a great network but, there business ethics are questionable at best, and at they end of the day they are all about the money. I mean they are refunding $50 million dollar of "mystery charges" and they are not being charged with a fucking crime!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012