Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:51:58 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455095 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2010, 04:04:06 PM »

They have that on the X? It's a cool little system.
Yeah, they have swype on a few different phones.  and they also have people beta testing it..  although, the beta is closed right now.

I actually use ShapeWriter right now.  It's similar to swype.  Not available on the Market anymore though since they got bought out..

- Mark
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »

Swype is on pretty much all of the android phones that have come out in the past few months..  I tried it out, good concept, I'm just stubborn in my ways, and dont want to learn yet another way to type.  I couldn't get swype to type words that have two of the same letter consecutively.. like BOOK.. do you just stay on the letter until it writes a second letter, or leave the letter and come right back to it?

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »

You make a loop over the letter.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »

I personally don't like Swype. Maybe it's because I haven't given it enough time, but it feels like regular texting is a shitload faster. Using both fingers is better than just one. Flippa!

Also, reverting back to 2.1u1 is no big deal. However, If they say it's rolling out in early September, that better at least mean this coming up week. They've been taking way too long for this update.

alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2010, 03:14:30 AM »

I personally don't like Swype. Maybe it's because I haven't given it enough time, but it feels like regular texting is a shitload faster. Using both fingers is better than just one. Flippa!

Also, reverting back to 2.1u1 is no big deal. However, If they say it's rolling out in early September, that better at least mean this coming up week. They've been taking way too long for this update.
well, its better than Incredible users.  They don't even have 2.2 in sight..

Swype can be a lot faster once you get used to it.  I tried it, didn't like it, stopped using it for like 2 weeks, then i tried it again but for longer this time, and now i love it.

So I'm thinking about looking into Android app development.  I don't really like programming in Java though Sad

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2010, 07:30:08 AM »

Do it.... I want cool alpha stuff.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »

Do it.... I want cool alpha stuff.
It'll be a lot of work though.. It's been a while since I've done anything with Java, so I'll have to basically relearn that..  plus I'm still trying to think of ideas for an app..

then later, possibly looking into iOS app development also..

it's something i still have to think about..

- Mark
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »

iOS is in Objective C, not java. So, you should do that instead. Defiantly some good money there.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2010, 07:54:22 PM »

Went into an ATT store yesterday with the girl because she's looking for a new phone.  So i got a chance to play around more with some of the droids and the iphone4 that ATT offer.. best of all was the HTC Aria.  The galaxy s that ATT has was pretty laggy not to mention i'm not a fan of touchwiz (samsung's UI), and the iphone4 had some serious proximity issues when I was trying to type with it (would press buttons before i put my finger down).  the Aria was snappy and typed great considering it's a touch screen. Not to mention I think Sense (HTC's UI) is the best skin over andriod that is out there.  I would recommend the HTC over anything else ATT offers right now.. then again, i didn't really spend too much time with each of them.. so take my opinions as you will.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

I actually dislike the Aria. Maybe there model of the Galaxy S is loaded down with alot of stuff? Mine flies, and launcher pro makes it that much faster.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: September 08, 2010, 09:51:04 PM »

Which apps suck?  You can't make that a blanket statement and say that all Android apps suck and all iOS apps are great.  A lot of developers release for both platforms, which in that case, the app would be a moot point.
I agree with Mark. Some of the apps that I have that I think are awesome are:

Barcode Scanner. I'm starting to see QR codes all over the place. The other day I was at Busch Gardens and saw a QR code on one of their posters for tickets to some event. I don't know if Apple has an equivalent to this.

Google Maps: This really shouldn't be on the list since it's Google native, but it's still awesome. I don't remember there being any Apple maps services on the iPhone.

Wireless Tether for Root users: free wireless tethering without having to pay the $20/month hotspot bill. It's a little risky, but it works just fine for when I need to access the Internet fast on my netbook.

There are others that I am forgetting right now, but not all Android apps sucks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:11:25 PM by Jeff » Logged

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »

I have a barcode scanner. My particular app is Red Laser. It gets almost every product and automatically searches the internet for the cheapest spot to buy it.

All iPhone's come with "Maps". It is an excellent GPS and also functions as a phonebook. The GPS on my iPhone is better than my $600 TomTom.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/maps-compass.html

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:20:31 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »

I have no idea why those screen shots are so large.

Bill C.
SECM member
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »

Google Maps: This really shouldn't be on the list since it's Google native, but it's still awesome. I don't remember there being any Apple maps services on the iPhone.
There isn't an Apple maps service on the iPhone.  The Maps app on the iPhone is Google Maps, as illustrated by Bill's screenshot.

- Mark
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »

Bill you just failed.

-brian
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012