Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:42:32 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455077 times)
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »

I'm not sure it'll happen within a year, but it'll definitely happen eventually. It all really depends on how well received their new OS is, and if they can come out with any more compelling phones. I think the torch would be a great phone if the hardware was up to date.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: August 03, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »

It's not a matter of where the company is going. I'm pretty sure it's headed down the shitter under the current owner ship. The piece I heard basically said they were going to get out while it was still worth something. It really seems like as the popularity increased that quality of the product went to shit.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »

Initial boot of Froyo on the Droid is underway!

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »

What tools are you using alpha? I'm just trying to remove some programs from my vibrant but, I'm lost in the pile of information on what to do after rooting.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »

I haven't rooted my phone.  The official 2.2 build released today for the Droid.

But you should be able to delete apps through the Manage Apps section.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »

Not on the Vibrant they are assholes and piled it with useless apps that you can't delete.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »

Oh, that's weird. My phone doesn't come with useless apps that I cant get rid of.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

It does come with a boat load of its own problems Bill! That's the beauty of being open source buddy... They will be gone shortly because I can actually access the Root of my product, and make changes. Fing Fanboys! Even with all these app's my phone will out perform your I phone 4 by a mile. It's faster has more memory, and it even gets a signal no matter where I hold it.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2010, 07:49:01 PM »

Fing Fanboys!

Pot calling the kettle black? Have you used an iPhone 4? I have just about tested every phone out there and still have not found one that I like better than my iPhone. They have all felt like cheap pieces of shit. They are plastic, huge, and ugly. I have used the Evo, Droid X, Incredible, Galaxy, and some lesser android phones and I would honestly be lying if I said they were better than an iPhone 4. Yes, there are design flaws. Luckily, my phone is not affected by it. I guess it is all preference... but you couldn't pay me to trade my phones. I'm done arguing, it's just beginning to annoy me. If I ever begin to doubt the quality of my phone, I'll just look at the sales.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:53:10 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »

Good look at the sales. 95% of I phone sales are upgrades while 95% of Android phones are new Android users. Everyone has there opinion but, your still comparing the top phone of one brand to phones not even using the newest software. If your I Phone is better why is it slower? Its a fair question no? You want to talk about inferior products lets talk about attenuation loss, and screens turning yellow. Those are issues the fact that you think something feels cheap is not a design issue its your opinion.

I've used the I phone 4 for a week, and didn't like it. I've also had a 3G (over a year) and used a 3GS.

I've said this a million times this smart phone war only benefits us as consumers because the next generation of phones will be that much better. You have to admit Apple went from having no competition to having someone produce phones equal to if not better than what they put out. Obviously when you pick up and I Phone 4 you are biased toward it I'm biased the opposite way. At the end of the day most independent reviews have the Galaxy S and I Phone 4 pretty much even.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:15:10 PM by lavalleemike » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »

Let's have a little fan boy challenge (myself included). What don't you like about your phone, and be serious don't try to tell me nothing!

Samsung Galaxy S - The biggest issue is some pre loaded software that I'll probably never use. The only other thing is that the battery life is not great when using the device stand by time is great but, using it I could probably kill the battey 5 hours.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »

I'm not a fan boy of my phone, does that mean I can't play?  I've got a few gripes with my phone. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 04, 2010, 09:44:45 AM »

Let's have a little fan boy challenge (myself included). What don't you like about your phone, and be serious don't try to tell me nothing!

Samsung Galaxy S - The biggest issue is some pre loaded software that I'll probably never use. The only other thing is that the battery life is not great when using the device stand by time is great but, using it I could probably kill the battey 5 hours.

Uhh, alright.. I don't like the negative connotation that it comes with regarding the antennae... The only other thing is I can't set my text message alert to vibrate only, but I fixed that with the jailbreak. That really is it...

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

I'm not a fan boy of my phone, does that mean I can't play?  I've got a few gripes with my phone. 

Throw them out there it will only benefit members in the future if they are looking into a new phone.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2010, 10:19:30 AM »

Uhh, alright.. I don't like the negative connotation that it comes with regarding the antennae... The only other thing is I can't set my text message alert to vibrate only, but I fixed that with the jailbreak. That really is it...

I hadn't heard about the lack of a vibrate only option for text.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012