Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:08:16 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 454344 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 01, 2012, 06:23:57 AM »

I've had all three. Hated my blackberry. Loved my iPhone while I had it. Love my nexus even more so. I'm not a fan boy by any means and I recognize that they all have their flaws. What I hated about the iPhone is the death grip Apple has on their products and how it's their way or no way. Not my style.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1471 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »

I'm starting to dislike my Droid X more and more. I don't know what it is, but no matter what ROM I use, my phone lags like a bitch all the time... even if I overclock it. I'm also getting shit battery life where it would go from 35% to 15% in a matter of 5 minutes. I also now have white spots in random places on the screen, so it looks like shit. Even the touchscreen has gotten all wonky, so sometimes I'll be texting someone and then it just starts texting away all by itself, putting in random letters everywhere.

From now on, I'm on Tim's side. Fuck Motorola. I kind of wish Google bought out Samsung or HTC instead, because Motorola can suck it.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 01, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »

My nexus has been great to me even with the ridiculous amount of mod flashing I do.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1473 on: May 01, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

I'm starting to dislike my Droid X more and more. I don't know what it is, but no matter what ROM I use, my phone lags like a bitch all the time... even if I overclock it. I'm also getting shit battery life where it would go from 35% to 15% in a matter of 5 minutes. I also now have white spots in random places on the screen, so it looks like shit. Even the touchscreen has gotten all wonky, so sometimes I'll be texting someone and then it just starts texting away all by itself, putting in random letters everywhere.

From now on, I'm on Tim's side. Fuck Motorola. I kind of wish Google bought out Samsung or HTC instead, because Motorola can suck it.

I actually expect big things from Motorolla in the next five years or so. Google owns that portion of Motorolla, and as much as they say there keeping it a seperate company I feel that will only last so long. My assumption is that at some point google creates its own cell phone company. Self contained hardware, software, and carrier. It may fail or do great but, I think its going to be the shot they take at hurting apple in the industry.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1474 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »

How would this...

My assumption is that at some point google creates its own cell phone company. Self contained hardware, software, and carrier. It may fail or do great but, I think its going to be the shot they take at hurting apple in the industry.

...be much different than this?

What I hated about the iPhone is the death grip Apple has on their products and how it's their way or no way. Not my style.

I think the reason why Apple is so particular about their products is the fact that they realize that they cannot rely on other companies to do things their standards.  It's like the old saying, "if you want it done right, do it yourself".  I see the Android market and realize, there's a ton of stuff out there, which opens up susceptibility to a ton of problems.  You can customize it however you want, but that's at the cost of stability.  Some people like that, and that's fine.  I just chose stability over customization for my phone. 

Someone told me a great way to shut up an Android fanboy that's talking shit about iPhones is to ask them how many times they've had to reboot their phone in the last week.  I ROR'd.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 01, 2012, 11:19:20 AM »

Lol^  Cheesy. And Jeff, Droid X's do that all the time, they're so bad.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 01, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »

Tim, in response to that, none. I've only rebooted into recovery to flash mods. Had to reboot, never.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1477 on: May 01, 2012, 12:03:18 PM »

The sad thing is, my Droid X was really awesome when I first got it. I guess it just can't handle longevity.

Edit: Damn you Tim! You jinxed my phone! I just had to reboot because I lost 3G, and it refused to come back. It seems to *only* happen when I need the Internet the most haha.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 01, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »

The sad thing is, my Droid X was really awesome when I first got it. I guess it just can't handle longevity.
My OG Droid was a fighter.  If I powered it on today, it would still run like a champ.  I didn't have any significant issues with it, at least, none that were the fault of the phone.  It shipped with vanilla Android, so that helps; none of that MotoCast/MotoBlur/whatever they call it now shit they ship on newer Motorola phones.

Tim, in response to that, none. ... Had to reboot, never.
Same here.  It probably helps that I'm on, for the most part, a vanilla version of ICS; and my current phone is currently Google's flagship.  I haven't had to reboot my phone, and its on 98% of the time.  I only say 98% because it's off only when swapping batteries or during flight.

I haven't noticed any stability issues during use.  I also haven't rooted my phone yet, so I'm still running stock ROM.  I may consider rooting when CM9 has a stable release, but only for the purposes of USB audio and wireless tether.  Otherwise, the stock ROM does what I need it to do.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1479 on: May 01, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »

Self containted shouldn't imply that it won't be open source... Just because the hardware, software, and carrier are the same doesn't mean that your can't change it. It's a matter of personal preferance, and I think that alot of the stability issues come from trying to be on the cutting edge all the time. Apple to there credit(sort of) puts out devices that are behind the times in alot of cases to maintain stability. Oh for the record I've powered my phone down once in the last seven days and its because I dropped it an the batter came out.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1480 on: May 01, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »

I love stirring the pot.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 01, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »

Your Motorola might be working now but down the road, it'll start acting up. I've seen it happen time and time again.  From "Updates" that all it does is fuck up the phone to  just out of nowhere it power cycling on you. Don't get me wrong, I had an OG Droid, thing was a fucking tank and I like the new Droid Razr MAXX that has come out but other wise, Motorola gets 2 thumbs down from me.
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

Gotta say.. HTC FTW  Grin can't wait to see how the Zeta is.
As for the current devices out there, I'd go with Galaxy Nexus... so sweet  Cool
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »

Galaxy Nexus is a complete bust, it just looks good. Those are worse than the newer Droids.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: May 01, 2012, 06:31:59 PM »

Galaxy Nexus is a complete bust, it just looks good. Those are worse than the newer Droids.
Explain?  Why is it a "complete bust"?

- Mark
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012