Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:29:22 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455202 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 11, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »

Yes Tim, could mean that. When Apple comes out with a new OS, regularly means new phone. Like when they released iOS 5, the 4S came out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:07:14 PM by Arielit0oo » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1531 on: June 11, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »

I'm sure the iPhone 5 is going to come out eventually, but they didn't announce it today at WWDC.  I'm not sure if they're going to announce it this year or wait until next year.  There are still a few more days left of WWDC, so we'll see what happens.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 12, 2012, 01:33:36 AM »

iO6 is coming out in the fall. Yup, we'll see if the phone follows. After all, Apple comes out with a new phone every 12-18 months. I think it can be this year though, they just released the 3rd gen iPad with 4G, obviously testing it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1533 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

You got it wrong man.  It's The New iPad, not the 3rd Gen iPad or iPad 3.

Though, they kinda fucked themselves for when they decide to come out with another version of the iPad.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1534 on: June 12, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »

That just means they can only produce two more iPads after that. The Newer iPad and the Newest iPad. After that, they're screwed.

As far as the whole Verizon dropping unlimited deal, I'm thinking about pre-ordering the Samsung Galaxy SIII. It looks like a pretty sweet phone, for the same price as the Galaxy Nexus. To be honest, I'm pretty fed up with Verizon crippling their 3G service. It's nowhere near as fast as it used to be when 4G wasn't around. I barely get 200kbps no matter where I go.

Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: June 12, 2012, 07:23:25 PM »

Tim, I'm well aware of the name of the latest iPad being the New iPad, I just said 3rd gen because..well, it is the 3rd generation iPad.

Anyway, Upgrade before June 28th or else your Unlimited Data will be removed IF you UPGRADE and accept a new 2 yr contract.

That's not all though, there are new plans in effect that you can change to.
If you guys want to tell me what you have on your accounts, how many lines, smartphones etc, I'll show you how much money it is compared to your current (which will be the same or less saving you $) With these new Fam Data packages (not only for phones but for tablets and mobile broadband/hotspot devices) comes UNLIMITED talking(no more minute overages!) and texting.

Some people get obsessed with the words "Unlimited Data" yet... they use like 1gb a month.

For some info till I upload some examples:
Verizonwireless.com/shareeverything

If this means anything, I've talked to like 3 custs today and they only used like less than 2gb on their unlimited data lines and with the new plans, would save like $80 a month.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:27:34 PM by Arielit0oo » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1536 on: June 12, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

^Yo're too easy man.  Cheesy I was busting your chops.

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »

For those of you who have the Galaxy Nexus, how pleased are you with it? I need to upgrade before June 25th, because on that day Verizon is getting rid of the grandfathered unlimited data plan when you upgrade. I'm looking to upgrade before then so that I can have unlimited data for another 2 years.

Also, I haven't seen any other alternatives, but I refuse to own another Motorola product. I've had too many problems with the Droid X, and I don't want to risk running into more issues with another Motorola product.

As it stands, I've heard that the Galaxy Nexus is a great phone, however it has a very cheap plastic feel. I think that getting a nice case would remedy that issue. Are there any other problems with it?

As of now, the main selling point for me for the Galaxy Nexus is the flashability.

Thanks guys.
It's been a while since I've taken a look at this thread..

I'm pleased with my Galaxy Nexus.  I haven't had any major issues with it (*knock on wood*).  It's been a great phone so far.
I haven't rooted it yet, and I told myself I wouldn't do so until CM9 has a stable release.  I don't feel like messing around with any of the nightly builds.

That being said, I am unhappy with how long it took to get 4.0.4 out.  I don't care if it was Google, Samsung, or Verizon that caused the bulk of the delay; but this is a Nexus device, and it should be receiving updates from Google.  ICS 4.0.4 was released to AOSP months before it was released for the CDMA version of the Galaxy Nexus.

I didn't experience very many of the issues that were reported for Android 4.0.2 though; besides some handshake issues in certain locations of the country.  I didn't experience any of these issues at home though.  I have yet to see if v. 4.0.4 has improved the handshake issues in those locations, but I will be provided the opportunity to do so in a few days.

Battery life, as with any other 4G device, kindof sucks.  I have 4 total batteries, with 2 extended 2100mAh batteries being the two I use most frequently.  With medium usage (checking e-mail, a little web surfing, a few phone calls, and some text messages), I probably average 12-14 hrs before it gets to the first warning that my battery life is low, which is normally at 14%.  On days that I use it more, I have gotten as little as 8 - 9 hours before it goes into the red, and upwards of 18 to 20 hours on days that I don't use it as much.  Watching youtube videos and playing some games can kill the battery in about 3 hours.

As for the cheap plastic feel, I cannot really comment.  I put a case on it the second day I had it, and I rarely ever handle it without the case on.  I take the case off to do a battery swap, but put the case back on instantly after putting the battery cover back on.

For some info till I upload some examples:
Verizonwireless.com/shareeverything
I am considering changing to a family data package.  I'm currently on an individual plan, and my parents are on T-Mobile.  I'm thinking about adding them to my account and either opening up a separate line or converting my account to a family plan.

It looks like the share everything packages would potentially save me money.

I like the idea of unlimited data, but I honestly don't really use it to its full potential.  At least, not yet.  I am looking at purchasing a tablet in the next couple months (I am currently waiting for ASUS to release the Transformer Pad Infinity) for use when I travel, and would like the option of having data on it for when I don't have access to wifi.  I just don't know how much data I would potentially use then.

- Mark
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 12, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

@Tim: Lol fuck you. I forgot to insert some sort of a smiley face to show I didn't take it to heart  Cheesy When you corrected me saying the name wrong, I said to myself "fucking dick" laughing so hard.

@Alpha I would suggest making it a Family plan, it'll save you and your parents a good chunk of change. For the tablet, you can always just use it when you first get it, see how much data you're using(during your cycle). If you're using a lot, we can always backdate your plan to the one higher to avoid overages.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1539 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »

Finally!

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1540 on: June 12, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »

Why does this thread feel like a fucking Verizon commercial?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1541 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »

Because too many of us have been suckered in to having Verizon. Sad thing is that we all hate Verizon.

Tim
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: June 13, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »

Because I just wanted to share the new info about Verizon... Thats why. Rather you guys know ahead of time than be caught by suprise later.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: June 13, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »

Lol @ Mike. It's actually pretty informative.  I feel like I can sell a Verizon package to anybody now.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1544 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »

Sarcasim my friends. At the end of the day all of these companies are out to rip us off!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012