Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:29:30 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Energy Sport Power Programmer  (Read 12530 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:11 PM »

It's probably hogwash that it gives 8HP and 10 TQ, but it is interesting that TireRack is selling this. I've always known TireRack as a website that doesn't fuck around with magical "tuning" equipment.

I'm pretty sure this just went up on their website too, didn't notice engine tuning as an option for my car yesterday.

EDIT: I read through quite a few forums and most reports are that the product does yield gains and helps with A/F ratio and such.

http://www.tirerack.com/engine_tuning/d ... toModClar=

I think I may do some research on this, what's your input on this?

Product Description from TireRack:
For models with 2.4l engines. Power Gains +8HP +10TQ.

Hypertech’s engineers have cracked the code to bring their award winning, high performance engine tuning to the sport tuner market.

The sport tuner enthusiast no longer has to pay for expensive dyno time because the Max Energy Sport is complete with optimized tunes developed specifically to get the most out of late model imports. Max Energy Sport’s Power Tuning software extracts every bit of energy possible out of every molecule of fuel for more miles at part-throttle and more power at wide-open throttle. In order to increase engine efficiency, horsepower and torque, Hypertech’s engineers first make hundreds of dyno runs to optimize the spark and air-fuel curves point by point over the entire rpm band from just off idle to wide open throttle. Next they take the vehicle with the new tune to the track and the street to verify real world performance gains. The results: maximum power, quicker acceleration, smoother shifting and better drivability.

The Max Energy Sport also offers specific features for your make, model and year, so you can personalize your vehicle’s performance to suit specific needs or uses:

RPM “rev” Limiter
Top-Speed Limiter
V-TEC Controller (Honda/Acura Only)
0-60 mph Electronic Throttle Restriction
Read & Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
Return to Stock or Change Option Settings
Internet Updateable
Hypertech makes it easy too. Simply plug Hypertech’s Max Energy Sport into the vehicle’s under-dash connector, answer a few “yes”/”no” questions that appear on the product’s scrolling screen, then with the push of a button re-program your vehicle’s computer with improved performance and efficiency in less than15 minutes. Uses Hypertech PC software to download updates and new tuning programs (software is not yet compatible with Windows 7).

All Hypertech products are perfect for vehicles already modified with performance intake and/or exhaust products and are street-legal for use in all 50 states (C.A.R.B. E.O. or pending). Hypertech products will not void your factory warranty and have a 30-day, money-back, satisfaction guarantee.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »

It appears that it adds that much power at one point in the curve, but doesn't add that amount to the total engine output.  For example, it adds 8hp and 16ft=lbs tq to the s2000 at 2650 rpm

edit:

for the accord

Premium: +8 HP@5450rpm     +10 Ft-Lbs@2600rpm
Regular:   +6 HP@5450rpm       +7 Ft-Lbs@2600rpm

dyno graph:

http://sport.hypertech.com/Graphs/62002 ... 202.4L.pdf

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »

Thanks for you questions.

Our Sport tuner for the 2.4L Accord comes with two engine tunes; one for Regular fuel (87 octane) and one for Premium fuel (91 octane). The programmer also has options for adjusting the engine rev limiter + or – 500 RPM, and to be able to raise the top speed shutoff. We make good gains in HP and Torque, and improve the throttle response and power at part throttle as well.

The engine tune options will work with any emission-legal bolt on modifications. Those include cold air intakes, cat back exhaust systems, and underdrive pulleys. There is no need to have “custom” maps for these modifications. We test with these mods, and our tuning will compensate for the additional engine airflow accordingly.

Our Sport tuner is not designed to work with modifications like aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, cat-delete exhaust, and cams. You need to be able to tune your vehicle with those specific modifications. Since our Sport tuner is sold for the street market, and is 50-state emission legal, we don’t offer options for custom tuning. There are several software programs on the market that allow you to custom tune the factory ECU, and there are other stand alone systems that support these type of modifications.

I hope this helps explain our product better.

Chris Crecelius

Hypertech Inc.

901-382-8888 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              901-382-8888      end_of_the_skype_highlighting Phone

901-273-0002 Fax

LS2 GTO =)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »

I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn. Anyone interested?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »

Which one?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »

You pick.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »

Hey, I know some of you guys are skeptical about this Hypertech, but Ive been on the beta list for about 5 months. They need to find an 05 accord to get calibrations from......Im pretty sure if someone wants to let them run cals on your 05, I can get you the hypertech for either around 150 dollars for running the beta for them, if not for free.......PM me if you are interested

To Each His Own
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »

do they pay when there is an issue?
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »

HONESTLY, I doubt it...lol
Does hondata pay when you cant get k pro to run on an accord?
Same shit....is the outcome worth the trials and tribulations?
Seeing that nobody makes shit for an accord as far as plug n play(ish) Im willing to take a swing at it.....plus, what is going to fuck up more than issues honda has with stock shit? Im burning a quart of oil evry 1000 miles, but honda wont fix it......so I have to find a way to fix it myself.....Not saying hypertech is the shit, or that Im a genius.......but seeing the limitations on any type of tuning or reflash......under a grand total of thousands of dollars, like tryin to  run k pro...
pros outwiegh the cons to me personally

To Each His Own
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »

I wouldn't even put this in the same paragraph as K pro.. K pro or Hondata in general is a proven device!
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »

True, and I am not dissing or hating on it. It is the shit. I am not implying otherwise......Im just saying, kpro is alot harder, and a whole lot more of your money. Yes, the payoff is huge, once you get there. I am just saying, for the price, versus stock......its worth a try....the worst that wil happen is you return it to stock settings, which is one of the perks of this....if you need to take it into honda for work, you push a button, and it goes back to stock for honda calibrations.

In perspective.......I have the greddy evoII exhuast, and I paid almost a grand, and got maybe 12 horsepower, with the cat delete.......so, if i can get 8 horsepower gain somewhere in the power band, for under 400 dollars....Im going to do it, evrytime

but again, k pro is the shit, and im not knocking it...but being a husband and a father of three, its going to be hard to justify 3 grand at one time to get k pro

To Each His Own
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »

its going to be hard to justify 3 grand at one time to get k pro
where did you get the info that kpro costs 3 grand?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »

well, you gotta get a custom harness....I asked cham for a price, and he didnt get back to me, so I had to get a quote from a mod shop. then you have to get the 06 rsx type s ecu, and have it k pro'ed, then you have get a tune and dyno......around here, at fort riley in ks, it will be a total of about 2800

To Each His Own
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »

that is way over priced, you can get a kproed ecu for under a grand on k20.org, the harness is only around 300 and if you needed that, talk to tim. he can get a hold a cham. as for the tuning, you looking at anywhere from 5-7 hundred.  the power programmer is a very basic reflash that is not customized to your modifications. however kpro can be custom tailored to your needs and can be altered as you modify your car futhur. if your anything like me, the mods keep coming and having the ability to alter the tuning for that is well worth the extra cost.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »

+1      Mods keep coming, and yes, way overpriced....thnx for the info
k20.org for ecu already k pro'd, tt tim for contact with cham, and tune.......got it....thats such a relief, ive been going crazee trying to get this shit straight

To Each His Own
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012