Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:51:27 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Led Light Strip  (Read 11657 times)
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »

I saw a 03-05 Accord the other day that had the led lights around the bottom of the headlight like the new Audi has. It looked pretty cool at night. I was wondering if anybody has done this and where to get them. I don't want no cheap led strip that goes out after 2 weeks and is complete crap. Let me know. Similiar to this
http://lexusenthusiast.com/images/weblo ... ghts-1.jpg
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »

I'll admit that it looks cool, but I still believe that sorta stuff belongs on Audis.  I don't think it's been done yet, but you can be the first.  If you want to do it right, don't get the LED strip as you mentioned.  If I were going to do something like this, I'd take a set of headlights apart and drill holes at the bottom of the headlight, then install individual LED's in the holes.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 03:09:30 AM »

There are a shit load of cars in NYC with those fucking strips.  WTF?  I have to say I H A T E. T H E M!!!  Fucking ricers is all I have to say.   If you're not driving an Audi and have those lights you're a ricer.

Sorry just my $0.02

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:33:38 AM by ibcnunv » Logged

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »

Quote from: "ibcnunv"
There are a shit load of cars in NYC with those fucking strips.  WTF?  I have to say I H A T E. T H E M!!!  Fucking ricers is all I have to say.   If you're not driving an Audi and have those lights you're a ricer.

Sorry just my $0.02

I agree...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:30:41 AM »

I disagree if its done right(Which in most cases its not) its really no different than using a projector from another car in your headlight.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »

^ good point

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »

I've gotta step in and say something about that.  There is a difference between having a LED strip (like the Audi) and doing a projector retrofit.  At least a projector retrofit is a functional upgrade.  The LED strip is ornamental with no real functional benefit.  It's a look that I like on the cars that it comes with, but I just don't care for it on a Honda.  OEM manufacturers come up with a new design, and aftermarket companies steal their ideas producing something with the "look" but without the quality behind it.  Look at how many things like that turned into a joke in the aftermarket because of 16 year old Honda owners.  Lambo doors, Altezza tail lights, projector housings, halo headlights, BMW fender vents, ad infinitum.  I think that a set of LEDs in the headlight might look good, but try not to duplicate what you see on an Audi.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:49:45 AM »

well said Tim, well said....

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I've gotta step in and say something about that.  There is a difference between having a LED strip (like the Audi) and doing a projector retrofit.  At least a projector retrofit is a functional upgrade.  The LED strip is ornamental with no real functional benefit.  It's a look that I like on the cars that it comes with, but I just don't care for it on a Honda.  OEM manufacturers come up with a new design, and aftermarket companies steal their ideas producing something with the "look" but without the quality behind it.  Look at how many things like that turned into a joke in the aftermarket because of 16 year old Honda owners.  Lambo doors, Altezza tail lights, projector housings, halo headlights, BMW fender vents, ad infinitum.  I think that a set of LEDs in the headlight might look good, but try not to duplicate what you see on an Audi.

So if someone Retros a set of Audi projectors its not rice but, if the include the audi led strip into the retro it is?
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »

I think it is the same as the Halos. You can do a BMW retro include the halos and I think most people here would say it is rice. I Dont think they would be as ricey if they were functional like in the Audi's but I say leave the halos to the bimmers and the drl LEDs to the audi's.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
So if someone Retros a set of Audi projectors its not rice but, if the include the audi led strip into the retro it is?

If you put it that way, yes.  I'm not sure why other people do projector retrofits, but I have one because it improved the light output and I can see better at night.  What does the LED strip have to offer?  My point is that it's for the "look" and nothing else.  It's fine if you want to do it, but just like the BMW halos, they are going to get played out.  Every kid with a civic is going to have them and they will all just look like a cheap knock off.  I'm sure a LED strip can be done tastefully, but it's just something I don't think looks good on a Honda.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "lavalleemike"

If you put it that way, yes.  I'm not sure why other people do projector retrofits, but I have one because it improved the light output and I can see better at night.  What does the LED strip have to offer?  My point is that it's for the "look" and nothing else.  It's fine if you want to do it, but just like the BMW halos, they are going to get played out.  Every kid with a civic is going to have them and they will all just look like a cheap knock off.  I'm sure a LED strip can be done tastefully, but it's just something I don't think looks good on a Honda.

I don't like it either don't get me wrong. I just think alot of people are quick to dub something "rice", when it could be done tastefully, and with purpose. If the LED's were to be used as DRL's as they are in the Audi's then they offer some purpose. I guess its the rice connotation that pisses me off!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »

I never called it rice, did I?

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 03:55:29 PM »

No but, others have...

In my opinion things that constitute rice are

1.   Ridiculous sized wheels
2.   Stick on Parts
3.   Giant Spoilers
4.   Stupid Ass body kits
5.   Unpainted parts.
6.   Cut Springs
7.   The most annoying to me False Advertisement!! IE: Mustang GTR, Turbo Inside etc.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »

Im pretty quick to call things rice if they don't serve any purpose other than looks.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012