Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:09:10 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1998330 times)
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8070 on: December 09, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »

Well that sucks. Damn, guess I'm gonna have to explore other options or just get them replaced under warranty again.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8071 on: December 09, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »

I spoke with Mike from Insane Shafts after I cooled down. He made some suggestions and seemed willing to help with some replacement parts for my axles.

The ps axles is still stuck on the half shaft, and after all the hammering I did to get it off, it destroyed the half shaft bearings. Those will need to be replaced.

I ended up removing the inner cv joint boot clip and just taking the ds axle apart. The cv joint is still stuck in my transmission. We'll see how Insane Shafts responds to all of this and what they are willing to do to help out.

At least the motor is out and the transmission is off. It should be easier to pull everything apart now.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: December 10, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »

I wonder if this is common with Insane Shafts axles? I'm kinda hesitant to install mine now.  Although once I install them, I hope to not have to remove them ever again. 
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: December 10, 2014, 09:05:53 AM »

Even OEM axles can be a bitch to take out. Best thing I was able to come up with is put the tip of a decent sized pry bar between the axle and trans/half shaft. Hammering never did the job for me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8074 on: December 10, 2014, 09:17:42 AM »

Tried all this with no luck. Never had any problems with OEM axles and this transmission. Only thing that changed was the axles.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8075 on: December 10, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »

I just got off the phone with Mike from Insane Shafts. I've gotta say, good customer service goes a long way with me. He has been more than helpful and I'm pretty sure it will work out with these axles. Their customer service is pretty top notch.

Ike, I wouldn't worry about installing them. After the conversation I had, they definitely care about their products and their customers.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: December 10, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »

Well that's good news! Glad it's getting worked out.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: December 10, 2014, 05:42:54 PM »

thats good to hear Tim.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: December 10, 2014, 06:52:42 PM »

Good to know there are still companies around that actually cares.

Rich
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: December 13, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

Braved the cold and gave it a quick wash to get all the salt off then took it for a ride to "air dry" lol. Dip seems to be holding up pretty well.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:53:51 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: December 13, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »

worked on my friend subbie... Everything is rusted to shit. Even bolt is frozen or was starting to strip. Also had to call Thien to get some help since the outback has big ass springs that were so hard to compress. 2-3 set of clamps later and we got the passenger side in with only the front passenger side brake done.

still have the driver side, and the rear passenger side strut/shock, and 3 other side of brakes togo..

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: December 18, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »

Can't wait for the couple weeks. Santa started delivery early this year. Today, axles and PS pump. Let's see what shows up tomorrow, better yet, what shows up New Years Eve Wink

Rich
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

Taking appart my old engine.

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8083 on: December 19, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »

Went for a wash last night because it wasn't too cold. Bringing it in this morning to see what the scraping noise is from when I turn.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: December 19, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »

Started hacking away at some parts for my dash. Looks like prior owner had someone in there that didn't put all the screws back. Fucking people Angry

Rich
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012