Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:04:46 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Exhaust Set Up  (Read 32595 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »

So, I've had the Greddy Evo2 on my car for about 6-7 months and all I can say is that it's way too loud for my taste.  Since it was for the V6, it is way too loud for my i4.  For a better understanding of my set up, I have:

DC SS header
Magnaflow 5400 series high flow cat 2.5" in/out
Greddy Evo2 for the V6 Coupe (modified)
removed one of the Greddy resonators and added a "Turbo Tube" fiberglass packed resonator

After all that, it's still to loud for me.  So after talking to the exhaust shop about other options, I just purchased two Magnaflow 14827 mufflers.  I will probably install them in a few weeks when I have time.  I'll have some pics of the old and new set up when I have time.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:38 PM »

What are you going to be doing with the old setup Tim?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

Good stuff Tim! You should love the Maggies. I know I do!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:38:41 PM »

I'm keeping everything but the mufflers.  I'm going to give all 3 Evo2 mufflers that I have to Mike as back ups since he has an Evo2 and I was given 2 of the mufflers for free.  I will take donations from Mike if he wants though. ;)

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »

what is a turbo tube?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »

LOL well Maybe i'll have something I can donate... Do you think the evo 2 will be to loud on my car?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
what is a turbo tube?

The shop that I go to is the only place that gets these things.  It's basically a fiberglass packed resonator that has a baffle in it to quiet things down.  Most resonators like flowmasters and magnaflows are straight through designs and don't quiet things down as much.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
LOL well Maybe i'll have something I can donate... Do you think the evo 2 will be to loud on my car?

It's just the mufflers.  They're the same as what you already have.

Tim
Heckler

Reputation Power: 0
Heckler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »

Ugh, I hope you post back and say you like the Magnaflow's.  Personally they are on my second strike and I will NEVER buy the products for a import again.  They make decent stuff for trucks...

The pre-made Magnaflow catback I put on my Spec V was raspy and sounded like balls with the factory manifold.  When I changed it out for a DC SS Header it sounded so fucking disgusting, it was like a cat getting raped while bee's buzzed around his head.  EEK.

The universal Mag I had put on the Accord cost too much and was just far too loud.  Wasn't raspy, it was deep but yet still had a higher tone to it as well.  The WS2 that I have is far far far more superior muffler.

If you get them on and like them, that's awesome.  Just my $0.02

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:39:34 AM »

Tim I know there the same I mean in general. I really don't want my car to be very loud at all.
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »

Post the pics once installed Tim... JT gave me his whole V6 OEM Dual exhaust and I might go tomorrow to install it...  Once I save for my mag 14829, I'll just switch the exhaust itself.. Can't wait to see your new set up.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »

I need to get my evo 2 done soon
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

I just need to get this exhaust installed on my car as soon as I have the money.  It's gonna have to wait until after I get back from FL though.  I'd rather save my money for my vacation.

Tim
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I just need to get this exhaust installed on my car as soon as I have the money.  It's gonna have to wait until after I get back from FL though.  I'd rather save my money for my vacation.

vacation ftw. when you heading back down there?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »

It's only money Tim.
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »

Tim, do you think that we can pass state inspections around here with a high-flow cat?  Or even more, a test pipe? (I have a feeling you've been exempt from these, however, because you're registered in MI)

Also, when are you going to FL?  You might be able to help me with a few things if you're crossing paths with Rolo or Lex.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012