Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:30:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmy's K24a2 swap  (Read 56089 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »

It's not a matter of whether or not you can, it's more of a matter of whether or not you should.  Which in this case, you should not.  The fuel maps are not the same between the two motors/ecu's and you will end up leaning out the k24a2 and ultimately melting the pistons and destroy it.  The proper/practical way to accomplish what you're trying to do is to get a dual ecu harness and kpro.  I don't think anyone makes a harness though, so you may have to make your own or have someone make one for you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »

Could a ktuner work too? Or Tsx ecu. K-Pro isn't on the cheap side. I'll have to check with them if it even is possible to run it with an automatic transmission.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2014, 12:01:02 AM »

KPro was more expensive until they dropped the price last year.  I forgot about KTuner.  I have no experience with it, but that may be the best option.  Honestly, engine management is the most important performance upgrade you can purchase.  Don't be cheap about it.  I guarantee that it will cost you more money in the end when you try to cut corners.

I'm sure KTuner is good though, but I haven't really read anyones feedback about it yet.  It may be limited when compared to KPro, but then again, it may be what you need right now for the cost and capabilities.  The only other engine management I would use besides KPro is MoTec.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2014, 12:09:16 AM »

I emailed ktuner to see if they have a product for me. I know they have an ecu for the automatic accords so that's a good start. I'll do the same later with hondata and compare both pros/cons with price. Don't want to be the
Cheapest possible but I know k-pro was overpriced last time I checked.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2014, 12:17:16 AM »

KPro used to be $1000, now it's $700. 

If KTuner has an ecu option that will work with the Accord, then you're fine.  You just want to be able to tune the motor with the ecu, which is what KTuner will do.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:02 AM »

Ktuner told me it would work using only their unit, no need for dual ecu. I am just waiting for a price tag for the ecu (need a 05 only ecu), ktuner mod and maybe a basic tune for the a2 engine.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »

That's honestly the best option for you.  For what you want/need, KTuner sounds like the best solution.  You'll be able to make good power safely with that option and not have the additional expense and complexity of running a dual ecu set up.  I'm glad I ditched the dual ecu's and have been able to just use the one KPro ecu.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »

What year k24a2 do you have ? 04-05 or 06-08 ? The question is related to your thottle body. I saw on your profile that you used a rsx type s throttle body. Are they bolt on or do they need an adapter plate ? can you still use the cruise control on this TB and is there a coolant port too ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:05 PM »

I had an 05 k24a2 long block.  That set up is long gone and the only thing left of it is just the engine block and crank that has been sleeved and built to the 2.5l motor I have today.  Yes, I was using a k20a2 throttle body when we did the swap, but I was already using that throttle body because of the supercharger.  Since it was a supercharger meant for the RSX Type S, I needed to run it to fit the inlet of the supercharger in the CT set up.  Since you have the ability to tune, you're probably better off using a different intake manifold that's not the TSX or Accord.  If you're not planning on using a better intake manifold, then an adapter plate will be needed.  The k20a2 throttle body does retain cruise control, but the cables are different lengths.  I think I had to have a cable bracket modified to work with the Accord cables.  Honestly, it's not a big deal to do.  I may even have the old set up I used with the bracket somewhere in my garage.  The k20a2 also has the coolant passages for the IACV.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »

Okay that's some good info, since i dont have your supercharger setup, maybe the k20a2 TB isn't really such a necessity.

Meanwhile, I checked the TSX IM thread and figured out that the easiest way to make it work is , if 04-05 k24a2, just put my accord TB and call it a day, and if a 06-08 k24a2, swap the IM for a 04-05 and then put my accord TB.

Does all of this makes sense ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »

That's exactly what I would do.  It makes perfect sense to me.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Thanks man! Your help is always appreciated !

bian.yy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2015, 03:36:32 AM »

I had an 05 k24a2 long block.  That set up is long gone and the only thing left of it is just the engine block and crank that has been sleeved and built to the 2.5l motor I have today.  Yes, I was using a k20a2 throttle body when we did the swap, but I was already using that throttle body because of the supercharger.  Since it was a supercharger meant for the RSX Type S, I needed to run it to fit the inlet of the supercharger in the CT set up.  Since you have the ability to tune, you're probably better off using a different intake manifold that's not the TSX or Accord.  If you're not planning on using a better intake manifold, then an adapter plate will be needed.  The k20a2 throttle body does retain cruise control, but the cables are different lengths.  I think I had to have a cable bracket modified to work with the Accord cables.  Honestly, it's not a big deal to do.  I may even have the old set up I used with the bracket somewhere in my garage.  The k20a2 also has the coolant passages for the IACV.
Dose this mean you have K24A2 with a CABLE throttle body rather than a DBW? If yes this is really fine, the response of the cable throttle body is quite helpful.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »

Yes. I guess you could say that. Since I have an 03 Accord, it already has a cable throttle body. No changes or conversion was necessary. If you have a car that came with a DBW throttle body, it would require some modification to convert.

Tim
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2015, 08:17:53 PM »

That's honestly the best option for you.  For what you want/need, KTuner sounds like the best solution.  You'll be able to make good power safely with that option and not have the additional expense and complexity of running a dual ecu set up.  I'm glad I ditched the dual ecu's and have been able to just use the one KPro ecu.

What? Did you just repin your harness? I'm about done remaking Chams harness Cry all that time wasted...
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012