Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:05:02 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmy's K24a2 swap  (Read 56333 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »

Would probably do an engine/tranny overhaul before it and throw a rsx-s flywheel and clutch at the same time. But I'm still just thinking about it. I don't plan doing it very soon.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »

How much of an overhaul are you talking about?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:43 PM »

Thinking about gasket kit and maybe piston rings too. Mainly disassembling the block to make sure it is in good condition. Not much in the tranny thought. Seems a lot scarier to mess into it than an engine.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2014, 07:32:18 AM »

I felt the same way about transmissions until I rebuilt mine. When it comes to the motor, I can handle the assembly. The part that I don't have the tools or experience with is measuring all the proper clearances in the bottom end. That's the point where I bring my motor to an experienced machine shop.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2014, 07:53:30 AM »

As a mechanical engineering student I have acces to the university's machine shop so it make it easier for me.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2014, 05:37:58 PM »

You suck. My university stopped giving access to students because too many retards were getting injured. Fuck!

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »

Well it isn't that easy lol. You got to prove that you have the qualifications to use the machines (e.g. I already am a mechanical engineering's technician).  :Smiley

But back to the main subject:

Did you find the pictures of your swap Tim ? 

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2014, 06:49:43 PM »

That's understandable. The tough part is getting the experience with the tools you're using.

Tim
lilb52x
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
lilb52x pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »

yes i would also like to see the pictures  Grin
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »

Instead of editing the old posts, I decided to just repost everything.  These are basically all the pictures I have from the swap.  I'll be posting a new thread with some pictures when I put my new motor back together in a few months.

Tim
lilb52x
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
lilb52x pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »

Wow what a inspiration!! Makes me want to start saving up!! Shocked
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »

Trust me, that was just a stock longblock swap.  I think I have some build pictures of my other motor in my profile thread.  I'm also going to be building my motor again, so I'll be creating a new thread for that.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2014, 11:52:13 PM »

A lot of work involved !!  Huh? Good Job !

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:45 AM »

You don't know the half of it.  I'll probably create a new build thread when I get my short block back in a few weeks.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »

Questions about swapping a k24a2 engine, is it possible to run it with my stock accord auto ecu ? I know it wont have the most power out of it but can it be done ? Searched but didn't find any answers. I'll replace the engine this summer and I want to know what I need to make it run with my auto transmission. If it can't be done, do I need to go dual ecu with a k24a2 ecu, does it matter if it's a auto or manual version ?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012