Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:18:45 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 147782 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »

I could send a harassing text as well.  Wink

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »

did you send him that harassing text Z? lol Tim, not sure if you got my PM the other day to remind you... but if not... can you please check into this at some point? Tongue
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2012, 01:56:15 PM »

I haven't. I was never asked to but he is a busy guy. He hasn't forgotten about you.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »

Sorry, I have been very busy lately.  I haven't really had much time off between work and family over the past few weeks.  I'll try to look through my electrical service manual though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »

No problem dude. I was just wondering if my pm went through... when I was pm'ing back and forth with billy he said there were a couple of times where it didn't show I had sent one. Once again, this is not a rush project so no need to prioritize it at all. Whenever you have the time.
phlip96
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »

I ordered the cheap ebay fogs, okay, so I threw out the switch harness and relay because they were obviously the wrong set and I've read plenty about them causing problems.
I ordered the OEM harness and switch but when I go to order the relay, they are $40 each! What I am willing to do is create my own relay basically from parts, but what I need to know is the wiring schematic for each of them.

Can anyone tell me wha the diagram looks like or do they know what wire does what, such as which two are the coil and the other two are NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed) I have found through searching that one is NC and I would say because its when the High beams come on, it wants to turn off the fogs. I hjust need to know whether the blue or brown is which one and which pair is the coil and if there are any jumpers at the relay.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:18 PM »

I think the Honda parts pages usually list which one is NO and NC.  The wiring diagram (circuit schematics) are on the last page of the installation guide.  You can download it from College Hills Honda's site.  If you're planning on using the fog lights like the stock set up, then you will need 2 relays.  If you want to modify the fog lights to turn on with your parking lights and stay on with your high beams, then you only need only relay and you can modify the wiring harness.  On a side note, contact Ryan or Rich at Auto Fair Honda and have them quote you a price for the relays.  They'll get you the best deal possible and price match any other site.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
phlip96
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »

No wonder everyone likes you Tim Smiley thanks for the quick response too sir
Yes, I would like to oprate my fogs independently. I did see how some people modified the switch at the dash, but you have the better idea of just modifying the harness to skip right past the mechanics of the relay.
I did locate one relay notes NC but in that diagram, it doesn't show the location, just in a list. I did have trouble finding the installation guide however.
You sir, are saving me even more money which just means money to be spent some other mod :p
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:26:20 PM by phlip96 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: August 13, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »

No wonder everyone likes you Tim Smiley thanks for the quick response too sir

You haven't been here long.  Nobody likes me.  They just tolerate me.

Yes, I would like to oprate my fogs independently. I did see how some people modified the switch at the dash, but you have the better idea of just modifying the harness to skip right past the mechanics of the relay.
I did locate one relay notes NC but in that diagram, it doesn't show the location, just in a list. I did have trouble finding the installation guide however.
You sir, are saving me even more money which just means money to be spent some other mod :p

You can do it many different ways, but modifying the harness and connecting it a different way in the fuse box is the way I've preferred to do it.  I also looked on the Majestic site, and the NO relay is like $32.  The easiest way to do what you want is to just get the NO relay and modify the cabin harness.  You don't have to modify the engine bay harness or connect the other relay.

I'm in Canada so our cars come with DRL's, by default it is wired to the highbeam and is activated as long as the car is on and handbrake is released. My fogs are installed and fully functional as per default Honda wiring. What I would like to do is have my DRL work with my fogs instead of the highbeam and be able to still turn the fogs off/on once lowbeams are on. This is because once you turn on lowbeams, the DRL is deactivated so I would like to be able to use fogs in inclement weather. Thanks guys! (especially Tim, cause I'm guessing you're the one who's gonna figure this out for me  Cheesy)

So, here's how you would have your fog lights act as your DRL's, yet function normally when your headlights are on.  Here's the easiest way to do what you want.  The wire from the DRL relay to turn your DRL's on in your high beams goes to the left high beam bulb.  On the left high beam bulb harness there is a Red/Black wire.  You cut that wire a few inches from the harness that plugs into the high beam.  The end of the wire that goes to the high beam, you ground.  The end of the wire that goes into the harness (back to the relay), you run to the NO relay on the fog light wire harness and tap that into the green wire.

This way, instead of turning your high beam bulbs on, it will trigger your relays to turn on.  Even if your fog light switch is in the off position, your fog lights will turn on as your DRL's.  When you turn your headlights on, everything will continue to act normally.

If you were a little closer, I'd help you out.  Unfortunately, when I'm in Canada, I'm usually in Windsor.

Tim
Fanitron

Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »

Thanks for the info Tim! So by left light you mean when facing the car from the front (that would be passenger side) or from inside the car (driver's side)? As for the connections, I think I get what you're saying... I'd ground the wire that I'm cutting off the actual high-beam side to the chassis then run the harness side into the green wire (which would be the NO relay?) on the foglight harness inside the cabin?

I'm not the best with wiring but splicing wires is not a problem, just wanna make sure I know which ones need to be cut. Thanks again dude!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »

Left side is driver's side. The wire that comes from the high beam bulb side is grounded and the wire from the harness side goes to the green wire on the NO relay of the fog harness.

Tim
ThirdAccord
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
ThirdAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 19, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »

Hey guys, I am wondering if anybody has the part numbers for the OEM fog light harnesses? Will I need a OEM switch or can I use the cheapo one that came with my aftermarket kit?

2006 Accord I-4 5MT
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2012, 07:20:41 PM »

If you're going to use OEM harnesses, you'll need the OEM switch.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

I love how people like to save 4 bucks by using a non-oem switch versus an oem one.  If you're going the oem route, go all the way.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

Hey guys, I am wondering if anybody has the part numbers for the OEM fog light harnesses? Will I need a OEM switch or can I use the cheapo one that came with my aftermarket kit?

Use the OEM switch.  We can't give you part numbers until we know what year Accord you have.  Sorry. 

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012