Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:41:35 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 153388 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: May 15, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »

Get out a DMM and test the wires.  That's the best way to find out if I'm wrong. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2012, 01:35:18 PM »

When wired directly to the lighter the fogs will have power whenever the key is on ACC. That's how I wired mine up.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »

are you sure the cigarette lighter is only on when the ignition is on? im pretty sure i used my phone charger when only the accessory was on..

edit: you said the blue wire is only hot when the ignition is on...correct?

Yup, well when your key is turned once in the ACC position. If I turn my car completely off the lights go off!

When wired directly to the lighter the fogs will have power whenever the key is on ACC. That's how I wired mine up.

^what this man said  Flippa! Lolz

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »

What's the best way to wire my fog lights to turn on only when my low beams are on...besides splicing the headlight wire??
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 20, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »

Keep in mind that the wiring is different for 03-05 and 06-07's.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »

What's the best way to wire my fog lights to turn on only when my low beams are on...besides splicing the headlight wire??

Follow the install guide for your year car.  That's how they normally operate.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 24, 2012, 11:39:02 PM »

Okay so following the diagram below, it looks like the red/blk coming out of the switch is what is getting triggered to allow the lights to turn on. If I cut red/blk and run it to a +12V source (maybe ignition or I'll just find another wire that is hot with only ignition) my fogs should turn on with just the switch right?

EDIT: Will this affect the dash dimmer at all? Seems like that will also control the dash dimmer.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:43:24 PM by CYANiDE » Logged

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

With the 06-07 Accord, you must ground the blue wire if you want the fog lights to turn on independently of anything.  The next step would be to find out which red/black wire goes to the correct pin on the switch so it doesn't mess with your illumination (the backlight for the fog light switch when your lights are on).  I have never done an install on an 06-07, so I've never seen the switch, but it should be a 5 pin switch.  Double check that first.

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »

With the 06-07 Accord, you must ground the blue wire if you want the fog lights to turn on independently of anything.  The next step would be to find out which red/black wire goes to the correct pin on the switch so it doesn't mess with your illumination (the backlight for the fog light switch when your lights are on).  I have never done an install on an 06-07, so I've never seen the switch, but it should be a 5 pin switch.  Double check that first.

Why do I have to ground the blue out of the switch? Trying to understand it in terms of the circuit itself, cuz I didn't think it had to be grounded since that blue being grounded wouldn't that always meant he indicator would be on?

I'm going to pull the switch out and just pull out the red/blk cables and see which one makes the illumination go out then I know that its the other one lol.

Is this what it should look like after the modifications are made?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:48:31 PM by CYANiDE » Logged

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »

Yeah.  Pretty much.  Look at the wiring diagram again and follow the blue wire.  Where does it go?  Do you know what that control circuit does?  I do!  Grin

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2012, 12:09:31 AM »

Yeah.  Pretty much.  Look at the wiring diagram again and follow the blue wire.  Where does it go?  Do you know what that control circuit does?  I do!  Grin

What does the control circuit do that requires the blue wire to be grounded? I'm just actually trying to learn how everything works, wiring it up is cake.

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2012, 02:29:56 AM »

Basically, the control circuit will only allow your fog lights to turn on when your headlights are on, by providing ground for that relay.  When your headlights are off, your parking lights are on or your high beams are on, the fog lights will not turn on if you have that blue wire still connected to the control circuit.  As I said before, you must ground the blue wire or the fog lights will not work the way you want them to.

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 26, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »

Basically, the control circuit will only allow your fog lights to turn on when your headlights are on, by providing ground for that relay.  When your headlights are off, your parking lights are on or your high beams are on, the fog lights will not turn on if you have that blue wire still connected to the control circuit.  As I said before, you must ground the blue wire or the fog lights will not work the way you want them to.

That definitely clears it up. (I'm majoring in Electrical Engineering so I always try to understand what I'm doing lol). Grounding that blue means you'll always have a complete circuit.

Thanks Tim!

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: May 26, 2012, 10:30:09 PM »

Glad I could help Eric.  Most people wouldn't understand why it needs to be done, nor do they care to understand why.  The 06-07 is so much easier to mod the harness to have the fog lights come on with your parking lights.  No soldering is required.  All you need to do is ground the blue wire and you're done.

Tim
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »

So after reading through this long ass thread I didn't see a post about this. (hopefully I didn't just miss it since my eyes are blurry now LOL). I'm in Canada so our cars come with DRL's, by default it is wired to the highbeam and is activated as long as the car is on and handbrake is released. My fogs are installed and fully functional as per default Honda wiring. What I would like to do is have my DRL work with my fogs instead of the highbeam and be able to still turn the fogs off/on once lowbeams are on. This is because once you turn on lowbeams, the DRL is deactivated so I would like to be able to use fogs in inclement weather. Thanks guys! (especially Tim, cause I'm guessing you're the one who's gonna figure this out for me  Cheesy)
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012