Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:26:33 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you have to replace the rotor? *new toys are in*  (Read 13400 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 08:22:07 AM »

Thanks for the info. I think the reason why it cost so much was because I had them take the rotors off, etc. Like I said, it's hard for me to do these kinds of things, because of my intense schedule. However, I think that I'm going to bite the bullet and do it myself one of these weekends. My plan right now is probably to get the Centric rotors, and some EBC Greenstuff (or the lesser Ultimaxx pads). This ends up costing a little over $100 for parts, and $0 for labor if I do it myself. If I took my car to a shop, it'd probably be over $200 just for parts and labor.

Edit: Here's some numbers. At that same shop, it'll be $159.95 to resurface the rear rotors and install NAPA brake pads. I also asked them about resurfacing rotors that I simply just bring in. $20 for that. So, if I bought the EBC Greenstuff from Amazon for $56.55, and took my stock rotors in to get resurfaced, that'll be roughly $75-80, about half the cost of getting them done at the shop. I think I'm going to do it myself.

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 04:03:23 PM »

just remember after you install them, check check check check, the brakes are the only thing that will stop your car. Also you will need to bed them in. Google it. My friend will be doing the bedding in for me.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 09:11:41 PM »

My rotors got resurfaced at 46K at the Lexus dealership my car came from. They shutter terribly now at 65K miles. I would suggest replacing them based upon my experience.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
My rotors got resurfaced at 46K at the Lexus dealership my car came from. They shutter terribly now at 65K miles. I would suggest replacing them based upon my experience.

That could also be from improper bedding in, pads used, you're driving habits, etc. The list goes on.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20:35 PM »

I think at this point I'm going to resurface my rear rotors just for this pad install, and if they end up warping down the road, I'll replace them then.

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20:47 PM »

True, I just know I got new pads and resurfaced rotors and they blow now. I have to clue as to what they replace them with. I figured it would've been quality work coming from a Lexus dealership though. I also have drums in the back, dont know if that has any effect. I think they are original.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 09:24:45 PM »

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2029

Bam! Others will probably tell you Brembo blanks. But, since your car is a DD, I don't think that the extra cost for the performance is really that necessary.

Edit: Here's the i4 front rotor, although I don't know if the front rotor differs between i4 and v6 models, so don't quote me for anything, lol.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 09:29:54 PM »

The front rotors are different between i4 and v6 models. They're even different between 5AT and 6MT v6 models.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 09:30:51 PM »

I think the diameter of the V6 is bigger. I think I am going to go with the Brembo blank when I do it, not sure what pads though.

Bill C.
SECM member
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »

The diameter between the V6 and I4 are different, and there is a difference between the V6 15" and 16" rotor. I left the spec paper at work. I was in a hurry. I will try to get it tomorrow.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
The front rotors are different between i4 and v6 models. They're even different between 5AT and 6MT v6 models.
For a little more clarification, the 5AT and 6MT coupe are different.  The 6MT sedan is the same as the 5AT.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:42 AM »

That's what I meant. Thanks for the clear up Mark.

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »

Accord with the K24

Fronts - .826
Rears - .314

Accord with the J30 w/15" rim

Fronts - .826
Rears - .314

Accord with the J30 w/16" rim & 17" rim

Fronts - 1.023
Rears - .314

All measurements are in millimeters.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »

Thanks, Thien!

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »

Quote from: "alpha"
Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
For a little more clarification, the 5AT and 6MT coupe are different.  The 6MT sedan is the same as the 5AT.

Your kidding right? I thought 6mt sedan is the same as 6mt coupe.. NOO!!!! I already order the rotors...

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012