Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:43:02 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera/Photography Questions  (Read 27578 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »

I bought a used Canon 20D body that came with a brand new lens. I am a huge photography noob, and have a question. Some of the pictures I have taken have a mark on them. It is on the same place every time. I have cleaned the lens but it is there. It doesn't always show. I dont know what it wrong and I was hoping one of you all could tell me. Here is a picture that it is pretty visible in. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:58:32 AM by Mike » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
dizzle

Reputation Power: 6
dizzle pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »

have you tried cleaning the sensor?

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:00:38 AM »

Yeah, that's definitely sensor dust, and not the only one I see.  You will see this most when you use a small f/stop like f/8-f/22.  Go get yourself a Gioto rocket blower or something equivalent that's made specifically to clean DSLR sensors.  Take the lens off, turn on the camera, set it to sensor clean mode and give the chamber a good cleaning with the blower.  Make sure you point the front of the camera body towards the ground so that you allow the dust to fall off the sensor as you're cleaning it.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:46:11 AM »

Ok, thanks! I will buy the sensor cleaner and try it.

Just to make sure, this is what your talking about, right?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:21:38 PM »

Yeah, this is what you want...
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Revi ... eview.aspx

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »

looks like sensor. if it was on lens you would deff see it.
just make sure u do it in dust free place. see if your camera has incamera sensor cleaning function before you try to do it. sometimes it helps.
my dad got arctic butterfly and it works good. we also have that rocket looking thing. just whatever you do DO NOT USE COMPTRESSED AIR TO BLOW ON SENSOR

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:57:06 AM »

Okay I knowing I'm bumping an old thread but I figure its better than making a new one to ask similar questions. I recently acquired a Canon T1I and I feel like the lens that came with it 18-55mm doesn't offer enough zoom for my liking. I feel like my Nikon point and shoot offered a much greater zoom albeit the pictures don’t compare at all. I’ve shot a couple of hundred photos with the camera over the last couple of days, and they come out pretty nice but, I want to purchase another lens to gain additional zoom for when I’m at sporting events or shooting shots of animals from a distance. I don’t want to spend a lot of money because I’m a novice and will probably lose interest like I do with everything else. I’m just staring out so any advice would be awesome?
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »

you need a 55-200mm lens or even 300mm if you can get a good price. I can any EOS type lens will fit your camera's bracket though. I can check my work discount for prices if you're interested but they are pricey, no way to get around that really unless you can find it used.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »

Well what about the non Canon stuff. Tameron or sigma? I don't know what do the prices look like?
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »

Oops I meant EF-S mount type. Yes we do carry the Tamron and Sigma versions also, but anything with stabilization is not cheap... Let me get some quotes and PM them to you. Keep in mind I'm in Canada so you might get better prices in the US even at retail lol
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »

best zoom lens for budget is 55-250mm, hands down.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

Where to buy?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »

You should talk to Milan. He knows his stuff and uses Canon equipment.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »

Unfortunately, I've been out of the game for a while.  I'm not up on the latest lenses.  Used to be you had to spend good coin to get a nice, sharp lens.  Now even the kit lenses are producing sharp images. 

Best place to read up on lenses is fredmiranda.com and dpreview.com

I buy 95% of my equipment used from fredmiranda.com

If you like buying your shit new, use pricegrabber.com to get the best price. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

Sign up and go down to their Classifieds section. You can usually grab some stuff cheap.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012