Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:02:38 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Display? Have Honda Fix It For Free  (Read 11763 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:31:23 PM »

So, I did a little bit of research, because I know a few of you have had issues with your display going blank.  I was just searching on google and found this.

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-truck ... 84-20.html

This is an issue that's recognized by Honda, and they have changed the warranty and are fixing these for free.  Most dealerships will say it's not under warranty and try to charge you from $500 to $1100 to fix this.  DON'T LET THEM TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU!  This is supposed to be fixed by Honda for FREE!

Here's how you get it done:

Call 1-800-999-1009 and mention bulletin #04-027.  They will ask what dealership you're going to take your car to, and have a representative from that dealership call you within 48 hours to set up an appointment.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

This is great info I'm glad to see that you guys are starting to bring over all the really good writeup's and information.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »

We try what we can.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:39:35 PM »

mine went out about a month ago.. I'll be calling this number and hopefully see if it's still covered when I get home tonight. wish me luck..

-brian
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
mine went out about a month ago.. I'll be calling this number and hopefully see if it's still covered when I get home tonight. wish me luck..

Any photos of your dark display Brian?
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »

not yet, I'll try to snap a few when i get off work for ya.  it sucks. haha  every light on the center a/c and radio console is out. and the display is barely visible during the day.

-brian
ROLO

ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »

Quote from: "b_beau_09"
not yet, I'll try to snap a few when i get off work for ya.  it sucks. haha  every light on the center a/c and radio console is out. and the display is barely visible during the day.

Dam not good.. try and post the photo or a quick video... I hope this phone # works for you.. keep us posted.. GL
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

yea, i was not happy at all when it happened.  thanks for the luck bro

-brian
K24_Tink
Fucking Newb

K24_Tink pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 11:33:03 PM »

yep happened 2 me last yr.  i almost bought a new radio (same stock one) really expensive! and luckily a friend told me i can take it 2 honda and they will fix it 4 free. . . and they did =)  havent had a problem with the radio since.

ROLO

ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 09:04:40 AM »

Quote from: "K24_Tink"
yep happened 2 me last yr.  i almost bought a new radio (same stock one) really expensive! and luckily a friend told me i can take it 2 honda and they will fix it 4 free. . . and they did =)  havent had a problem with the radio since.

Michi mandame un email a la oficina... last night I met up w. Lex... on the way home my radio light screen turned off and I immediately thought about this thread... 2 minutes down the road it came back on.... weird... IDK if the milage has a factor but I'm close to 90K .. I have 89,823 miles as of this morning... K24_Tink (Michi) lmk where you went to get yours fixed..
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 04:27:13 PM »

^i don't believe it's mileage, i think it's just a faulty chip or something.  i'm only at 60k so yeaa. lol.  hope your's doesn't go out too rolo!

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »

From my understanding, they replace the PCB that has the LCD on it.  I think there was a manufacturing defect or something.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 12:53:20 PM »

It went out on my coupe and they changed it for free since it was under 100k miles. Now in my sedan, over 140k. I wonder if they'd still fix it for free? The lights have been out for awhile. Is this something they have to fix, or is it they might fix it under their 'good will' policy?
'93accordse
Fucking Newb

'93accordse pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:47 AM »

This happened to me a few months ago. I thought I blew a fuse or something. I downloaded the service bulletin, however since it was written in 04 it only covers 03-04 models. I'm planning on talking to the dealer today, but just wondering if anyone thinks I'll have an issue (since I have an '05). Anyone else had an 05 or later fixed for free?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 07:42:20 AM »

There going to give you shit like they always do but, if you play your cards right I'd imigine that they would fix it for free.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012