Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 08:40:18 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 169106 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2012, 08:21:47 AM »

Work out routine begins March 1st. Might start with just walking and build from there.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:09 AM »

Sounds like a plan Mike.  I'll join you on that one.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:10 AM »

I'm gonna start back week after next to chicken and rice diet accompanied by a mostly cardio exercise plan to cut the fat.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »

chicken and rice sounds good to me but, I'm to lazy to cook it.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »

Add some caramelized green apple slices to that rice for added taste and benefits. Made some of that last night it was delicious.
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

There are a few resources out there that I find help me a lot.

I get a lot of recipes off of http://www.eatingwell.com/. They are all pretty easy to make, very tasty, good for you and provide the nutrition info at the bottom of each recipe.

I also use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to help track calories. It allows me to add in my age, weight gender etc... and set a weight loss goal as well as when I want to achieve it and it helps track calories, exercise and progress.

The great thing I found is that unlike other calorie counting programs out there this one has a lot of different restaurants in its food database so you don't have to sit there and try to figure out every ingredient that went into your food. Another great thing about it is that every recipe I have tried off of eatingwell.com has already been in the food database which makes keeping track of your food SUPER easy.

Steve - NECM #4

exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »

Thanks man, I usually add a touch of that hott as hell sriracha hot chili sauce for flavor, or just a little bit of soy sauce. I am usually not very accurate with the portion sizes though, I usually buy the giant chicken breasts and cut them in half after I bake them, but I do actually measure out the rice.

I have used the my fitness pal app a good bit, it works pretty well
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:04:49 PM by exelr8 » Logged

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »

There are a few resources out there that I find help me a lot.

I get a lot of recipes off of http://www.eatingwell.com/. They are all pretty easy to make, very tasty, good for you and provide the nutrition info at the bottom of each recipe.

I also use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to help track calories. It allows me to add in my age, weight gender etc... and set a weight loss goal as well as when I want to achieve it and it helps track calories, exercise and progress.

The great thing I found is that unlike other calorie counting programs out there this one has a lot of different restaurants in its food database so you don't have to sit there and try to figure out every ingredient that went into your food. Another great thing about it is that every recipe I have tried off of eatingwell.com has already been in the food database which makes keeping track of your food SUPER easy.

Thanks for the website for tracking calories, I just signed up. I like it a lot already! It can also track strength training exercises, and I can also get an app on Android, so I can fill things out while I'm working out.

slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »

On this alergy diet, ive lost 10lbs in two weeks, in 1 yr down from 210 to 179...need to muscle up now
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »

Jer, how tall are you again?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »

anyone ever heard of "Run For Your Lives"?  It's a 5k I'm training for in October.  www.runforyourlives.com You run from zombies througha  5k course and have to complete 10 obstacles along the way.  It looks freaking awesome!

-brian
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »

That sounds like a pretty sweet race. I ran something similar (minus the zombies) last august called the spartan sprint and it was awesome.

I was training for the Tough Mudder at Mount Snow in VT but I blew out my ankle and haven't been able to run the past 2 months. I just got discharged from PT so once it gets a little nicer out im going to start running again but unfortunately I wont be able to make that race.

When you run do you use anything to track your progress? I use I map my run on my iphone and love it. It tells me time, distance, speed and pace for the past mile, as well as what my current speed and pace are. It also tracks where you ran via gps and saves all your workouts for you so you can go back and see your progress.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:24:27 PM by Lemonjelly » Logged

Steve - NECM #4

status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »

Guess i should join this place. ive stopped drinking soda, no pizza. eating salads and chicken and making my meals. drinking atleast 64 ounces of water aday. not gonna weight myself for awhile. but the no pizza thing is gonna be a killer.

-Alec
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:22 PM »

I run on a treadmill at a gym.. so I dont use any tracking app.. when it gets a little nicer out, I may be doing that though.. it'll be better to run outside rather than in a shitty crowded gym.  But for now, I'm literally starting fresh, I haven't ran for about 6-7 years, and I'm overweight.  So i've got a lot of work to do to get in shape for this 5k thing.

That's good news Alec, I have to do the same thing.. I'm terrible at drinking water all day, and I eat horrible.  My wife and I are both now training for seperate events so we're trying to keep each other motivated.. but it's so damn hard!

-brian
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2012, 04:57:18 PM »

anyone ever heard of "Run For Your Lives"?  It's a 5k I'm training for in October.  www.runforyourlives.com You run from zombies througha  5k course and have to complete 10 obstacles along the way.  It looks freaking awesome!

Long sent me some info about this a few days ago.  Still gotta look into it more.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012