Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2024, 07:01:31 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 169533 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »

I can't wait for it to warm up a little bit more so I can get back on the bikecycle.  Got in for the Five Boros of NYC, so I gotta get back into shape... or at least my definition. Haha

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

Brian I'm not sure what kind of shape you're in as far as running, but check into the couch to 5 k program. There are free podcasts with the allotted walk/run times and everything. It's a pretty cool program.

Started back to chicken and rice this week. Plus worked out after work. From doing push ups for a while now I've burned the fat off of my forearms which feels amazing. I did arms today with a little bit of cardio. The pounds should start falling off again. It shouldn't take too long to pass up my goal weight within the next month or so.

Does anyone in here know a good "gut buster" workout plan? I really want to return this keg I've been lugging around.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2012, 01:05:18 AM »

Does anyone in here know a good "gut buster" workout plan? I really want to return this keg I've been lugging around.

1.  Proper diet.
2.  Ab exercies that utilize a lot of various leg lifts, or else regular crunches will just condition the upper abs, but not that lower gut area.

status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2012, 01:43:27 AM »

im really pissed off. i havent had on soda in 2 weeks, now eating apple and banana for breakfast, chicken sandwich for lunch or quesadilla, if im still hungry then ill snack on baby carrots, dinners have all been homemade, chicken and rice, turkey tacos, sandwiches, and all with a spring mix salad. ive only lost 3 pounds. i know i need to start walking/working out, but i thought with no soda itd be fastish.

-Alec
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:44 AM »

I was supposed to start walking/running this week but this stupid cold has knocked me out. So fucking annoying.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »

3 pounds in 2 weeks is really good man. Its really not healthy to lose anymore then 1-2 lbs a week. Im sure if you added in some exercise or make a few little tweaks to your diet you'd drop weight a bit faster.

It sounds like your right on track, just make sure what you are doing is sustainable. You dont want to burn out with the diet/workout regime in a month or 2.

Steve - NECM #4

exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »

Nelson I downloaded this app yesterday called couch to 5k. It has all of the times allotted for you to walk then run. And is broke up into three times a week for 9 weeks. A lot of people I know who have run 5k races swear by it. I started it yesterday, and my legs aren't just dead to the world today. The app is 2 bucks but worth it. It will also sync with your music and everything.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »

The running program I'm "on" (i've been so bad about actually going...) is basically you walk for 3 minutes, then pick up the speed and run for 2 straight.  then slow back down to a walk for 2 more minutes.  repeat this until you've reached 30 minutes.  You do this routine every other day for a week, while doing other less impact workouts on the off days.  The next week, you change it a little bit so that after the 3 minute "warm-up" walk, you run for 3 minutes, and then walk for 1, and repeat until you've hit 30minutes.  Each week after that just keep adding a minute to the running, and leave a minute walk in between each run cycle.  after a few weeks you're supposed to get more confident and gain endurance so that you can run the entire 30minutes without a break.

I'm assuming your program is very similar Mike.

-brian
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »

It's pretty much the same except it starts off at lower intervals to work you up. By starting off as fast as you described that program would be hard to follow. You would tend to get burnt out on it

SECM Squad #3...kinda
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »

actually it's not as difficult to do the program as i described..  it's just a matter of having the discipline to get to the gym.. I have none.

-brian
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2012, 09:07:32 PM »

Neither do I except the girl in talking to loves to run and exercise. And I can't lie. Well I could, and get away with it, but it's not me

SECM Squad #3...kinda
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »

So I have an idea... Lets use this thread for accountability. I weighed in at a whopping 236.8 today.. I have eaten like crap lately. I got up off my lazy ass and went for a quick run.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2012, 12:06:46 PM »

How is 236 whopping? You calling me fat?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »

Well how tall are you? I'm like 225 and not happy about it but I'm only 5'10.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »

236, and you were tying to take the "Big Mike" nickname rofl!!! Knock it off
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012