Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:11:18 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: apexi afc neo  (Read 22982 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2009, 04:43:54 AM »

I found this article while i was being bored and was looking up on other EMS/ piggy back alternative for everyone else that is not planing to do a headswap/ Force induction and just want to work with what they have on the accord while is full bolt on.

Yes, I found it on crappy import tuner but anyway check it out.

As you may know the k20a3 aka ep3/rsx base motor has econo vtec like our accord. So this might be an nice alternative for people who want to run some kinda of ems/piggy back. You can see an increase of
Horsepower Gain
1500 to 3500 HP range: 1 to 3
3500 to 5500 HP range: 2 to 4
5500 to redline HP range: 5 to 7

Torque Gain
1500 to 3500 TQ range: 2 to 3
3500 to 5500 TQ range: 3 to 4
5500 to redline TQ range: 4 to 5

It is decent but I think you would really be better off spent the money on other mod or just saving for hondata.

My estimate price for this is
400 for apexi afc neo *maybe you can find it on ebay for 250-350*
190 for boomslang harness for AT *170 for MT*
400 for 2hr of tuning to fix the oem baseline and smooth thing out *only an estimate I have no idea how long it will take and price also*
200 for wideband O2 of course

so about 1200 for maybe 5-10whp increase and maybe 5-10wtq increase *due to our larger displacement*  

So compared to hondata kpro it can cost a lot more 1350 for hondata + cham famous harness, 200 for wideband O2, and like 600 for full MAP tuning.

so about 2150 for ~20whp and ~20wtq.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powerpa ... c_neo.html

So given that the apexi afc neo set up cost half as much as kpro and have a lot of maybe I would suggest you either save for kpro or for you k24a8 guys the flash pro if they can get it to work on the k24a8 *see other trend on here*

I would get this set up only if it were close to 500 buck I am sure that is nothing going to happen.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:46:10 AM »

Good find. Even still, though, it's sort of expensive to be a budget tuner. But I guess you have to do what you have to do.

I remember when I was looking at those JET performance chips when I was a total noob. All I have to say is that I'm glad that I never bought one. :P

The only thing that's sort of iffy with this tuner is that most of the power gains is at near redline. Are those numbers advertised on a stock vehicle, or were there bolt-ons involved? I'm sure those numbers would go up with bolt-ons...

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

the car had some bolt on such as intake and exhaust. I am not sure of anything else. As for the pricing some of it are guesstimates, but still my point is that that for now the  price of the setup is not worth the performance.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 02:45:03 PM »

$1200 isn't really worth it IMHO.  When you think about it, with a little more money, you can go with kpro and make more power.  I know some of you nancy boys are "anti kpro".  Realistically, everything else sucks compared to kpro.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 03:49:37 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
$1200 isn't really worth it IMHO.  When you think about it, with a little more money, you can go with kpro and make more power.  I know some of you nancy boys are "anti kpro".  Realistically, everything else sucks compared to kpro.

Yeah for once I totally agree with you. If you save up another 2400 you can have kpro + harness + a tune. And the krpo can be used for about anything you want force induction or all motor application.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 05:09:07 PM »

This is the first time you agree with something I've had to say.  Damn, that's cold hearted.  I guess you must know more than me, huh?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »

How about we all agree to disagree? Any takers? Huh? Huh?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 05:23:34 PM »

i meant to say agree 100% the other times I'm like hmmmmm and 80% convince.

xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 05:31:02 PM »

i mean you can find a apexi neo for 150 used maybe less, and you can always tap your ecu as long as you know what your doing and save the 200 for the harness, and then  if you know a reputable tuner it should cost you like 300 to tune.. so in reality 450 to gain 5-10 whp would be worth it compared to the 2k with a tune for kpro.. it could be used as an alternative, until you can save up for kpro and atleast get something out of it.

LS2 GTO =)
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »

You could also find someone that has more money than brains and buys kpro and a harness, then decides to sell it for $1200 with everything needed and street tune it like I did.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
You could also find someone that has more money than brains and buys kpro and a harness, then decides to sell it for $1200 with everything needed and street tune it like I did.
Speaking of which..... *looks over at g7a*

:twisted:

I'm pretty sure there's someone selling a kpro on there.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »

yeah he just selling the MT harness.

Man Tim you got lucky with the 1200 kpro +harness + tuning on it. Let me know if you find another one I will buy it no question asked if he has a street tune for all bolt on.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:53:40 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »

you can sure. but this can be an alternative for less than half the price of that until someone can afford that. Most people are not up to spend that. but then that comes to how fast do you want to go? it all depends on how much money you have to spend or deals you can find. Me on the other hand this will be my alternative because im  not gonna spend a whole lot on the car for the reason  people will put there car before there other priorities.

LS2 GTO =)
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 11:27:01 PM »

To be honest, the tune was junk.  He got ripped off for a $600 tune.  I installed kpro and ran his tune first and the a/f ratio was like 12.0 at idle and pegged at 10 at light throttle (he wasn't running an a/f gauge so he didn't know).  It was so rich, I switched over to another tune that another member got done at Church's.  That was a shitload better.  Either way, you can find deals if you're patient.

Back on topic though, it's not worth the extra expense to run kpro or anything else for just bolt ons.  Realistically, the hp gains per $ spent doesn't make it worth the expense.  I would only suggest people run kpro if they plan on building their motors or going fi, not for basic bolt ons (like the guy I bought my kpro from).

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 02:25:15 AM »

its all good.

I just wanted to give people the opinion for an ems to try to get w/e left of there bolt ons if they really dont plan to build the motor or go F/I.

Also does anyone know if the accord is wideband or notl? The OE replacement says wideband and since its like 65 buck for a bosch one I don't mine spending that much but I would rather use the accord if it is wideband since its OEM

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012