Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:34:01 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: apexi afc neo  (Read 22980 times)
BlK24a8
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
BlK24a8 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 04:10:45 PM »

Jeff your so right. I have learned a fare amount of information from this thread, let alone reading about the products discussed.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

getting the APEXI NEO. If I fail at least you guys will learn from my mistake. So I am going to be the first one to jump in the water. wish me luck. hopefully I can get it all down for less then 500 bucks. APEXI NEO + boomslang harness + tune

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 10:47:51 PM »

have fun. maybe this can turn out to be a cheap solution for us bolt-on'ers. :P I think I'm still on tim's side on this, though. It's K-Pro, or No-Go.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »

yeah since no one knows if it will work I want to find out myself. This is for all the bolt on brothers. All the All motor build and F/I go kpro  its the best.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »

It will work, but the gains will be marginal.  You can only get so much power by adjusting fuel and VTEC engagement.  Without the ability to adjust timing and cam angle, the potential to make power is significantly reduced.  IMHO, for bolt ons, it's a waste of money.  Guys with full bolt ons and K-Pro only made about 10-15 WHP, so I would only expect you to make an additional 5-7 WHP with this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 01:15:18 PM »

yeah I know. Also this only can adjust AFR and not i-vtec and that is like 1/3 way to make power. The other 2 are ignition timing and cam angles. I think I can make it down to 300 bucks if I just do T clamps but I need the ECU PIN out. If you can get me that ECU PIN out for an auto accord that would be great.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 01:32:18 PM »

I will come to Cali and slap the shit out of you if you think I'm not going to give you a hard time about using T clamps.  Are you trying to ruin your car?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »

T Clamps on engine management are you feeling okay?
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 03:06:07 PM »

Sorry I just woke up so please slap me. lol. I mean to say T-taps *just to see if it will run first* Then the boomslang is going to get order or else I will be wasting money on something that would not work.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »

Solder and heat shrink is the only way to go man. Don't T splice that shit. If you're talking about engine management, T splices will only be a ticking time bomb for when they fail. That's the worst advice anyone can give. Smack your friend on behalf of all of us here at ECM for giving WRONG advice.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »

T-Taps are not a good electrical connection.  Only half ass lazy motherfuckers use those.  You run the risk of frying your ECU and damaging your motor if you use those.  Just pony up and get the harness if you're not willing to solder and heat shrink.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »

Fine boomslang it is gotta wait a few weeks. its on back order.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
Fine boomslang it is gotta wait a few weeks. its on back order.

Good decision man. Do it right the first time and you'll be fine. If it doesn't work out for you, you're harness is unmolested and you could turn around and sell the whole thing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 09:21:52 PM »

alright kool. I have an Auto that why the harness is going to take a little long since most of the boomslang harness are MT. Its also another extra 20 but w/e as along as it work and doesn't blow up my car I will be happy. I am just going to hook it up first to monitor AFR. Most likely I am probably going to hold off on it because school starts next week.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012