Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:46:13 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask DetailedImage.com...  (Read 62396 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »

Whats the best way to remove snow from a car without damaging the paint in no more then 5-10 mins max?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »

Leaf Blower...
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »

^^^water. if its above freezing

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »

Both options are pretty BLAH at 6am in 20 degree weather.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »

You could use a California Car duster they are pretty soft.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »

Move to the equator.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
You could use a California Car duster they are pretty soft.

tried it but it still somewho scraches the car. i just remove snow on glass and leave the rest if its not much. or use one of those brush things and move the snow. just make sure brush doesnt touch the paint itself but then again it will damage paint since snow gona drag dirt that under the snow on your car.

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2010, 11:36:47 AM »

I live in upstate NY so I really understand this terrible problem.  There is no easy answer to this one or really even any great tips.  I have cheated and I got a car starter which is a huge help.  I literally use it just about every day to warm up the engine and defrost the glass when it's snowing or below 20.  If you don't have one try to start your car early.  

First and foremost always make sure it's safe to drive by removing enough snow/ice.  My next tip is to have a snow brush and brush off the top layer of snow so you stay just above the paint.  If you've warmed up your car this is usually a lot easier to get more if not all off.  The bristles will add micro-swirls so be careful on the paint.  Having a good coating of sealant or wax underneath also helps minimize the chances of adding swirls and ultra fine scratches.  My only other tip is park in the sun if possible, it definitely helps melt the snow.

Greg @ DI
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »

Thanks for the tips fellas.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »

Hi Greg. how do you become registered detailer on DI? how much and stuff.

Misha
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
Hi Greg. how do you become registered detailer on DI? how much and stuff.

There is no cost involved more just of a demonstration of the absolute best detailing processes, products and business practices.  We are targeting elite detailers whose businesses are producing top notch results.  Another major factor is we are looking for experienced professionals who want to interact with others on our site.  I will PM you with the details if you are interested in applying.  

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

ok sounds good. my friend does details and im sure you seen some of them in my threads which i helped him with and i just didnt see him on the map.

Misha
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
ok sounds good. my friend does details and im sure you seen some of them in my threads which i helped him with and i just didnt see him on the map.

It's certainly not a comprehensive list of all quality detailers.  It's a list of quality detailers who are going to also help other detailers on a semi-regular basis on our site.  

Greg @ DI
lexani
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
lexani pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 10:05:15 AM »

Hey guys, I have a quick question about washing rims. I know certain wheels out there have an anodized lip. (work wheels for example) And the wrong type of detergent can easily wreck these wheels. My question is, would regular coin operated car wash soap be alright to use with these wheels, or is it better to just hand wash the whole car for the sake of the wheels?

Thanks
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »

id say its ok to go through regular coin wash but id wash wheels once and then use wheel sealant to protect wheels, either CG, poorboys or rejex. this will protect it against elements.

Misha
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012