Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:18:34 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. ColorChip  (Read 6667 times)
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »

http://www.drcolorchip.com/index.shtml

has anyone tried this? looks somewhat promising
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »

I doubt it works any where near like it says it does. Even if you have panels painted by a body shop with the OEM color the never 100% match. What this product is pormising is almost impossiable expecially with a paint brush. The best touch up paint is OEM Honda touch up paint IMO.
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »

i need to get my hands on something like this... real bad

J u s t i n
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »

in the pictures though i can see exactly where the chips used to be, so im guessing it's like touch up paint but it just puts the paint where it needs to go. instead of in the chip and the surrounding area.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »

A touch up paint pen from honda does the same if your neat with it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 03:32:54 PM »

Ehh.  I'm just having my car repainted.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »

I just purchased this for both the Porsche and the Honda. I will let you guys know how it goes.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »

Quote from: "skizot"
I just purchased this for both the Porsche and the Honda. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Try it on the Honda first!
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:03:44 PM »

Please, please take before and after pics, there are quite a few debates on the internet b/w dr. colorchip and langka.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 11:27:10 PM »

Quote from: "skizot"

if it works then im definitely buying some. my passenger fender around my headlight has been lit up.
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 06:30:15 AM »

I will take before and after pics and do a complete write up. It will be a little bit as I am waiting for my order to come in. I read a LONG article back and forth from others about Langka versus this stuff too. I will definitely do the Honda first LOL. I have SSM so I am thinking it will come out pretty good and the pcar is midnight blue, so probably even harder to tell where the repairs were done, but I think the B&A pics would be better on the SSM. I promise to take some B&A and post a full review. Whenever I get my order...
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »

So I received the Dr. ColorChip kits today. One for the Honda and one for the Porsche. I did take before and after pictures, but it really did not make much sense to spend more time editing pictures and posting them, when I can tell you the results and you don't need pictures to prove it. This is a big disappointment.

The chips on the plastic, barely fill in and are still very noticeable after applying the product. Granted some of the plastic marks that were black before are now silver, you can still clearly see this is a paint chip. Unless I am applying it incorrectly, to which I followed the directions step by step, I can say I would not recommend getting this for your car. I am bummed to say the least as I had hopes of this being a winner.

I have not given up all hope, because I will still attempt to try it on the Porsche for a couple of small marks, seeing as that is a dark color car and perhaps it will be less noticeable with some paint in the chips. I will contact Dr. ColorChip and get their advice on what I might have done wrong, but for now, a big thumbs down.
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »

So another update. After doing a little more research, I have come to learn that Silver, White and Gold color cars are much harder to use this product on then darker color cars. Evidently, it is better to use the very small paint brush they include with the kit to apply the paint and let it dry and sit this way, without going through the added stress of smearing and using the SealAnt. So tomorrow, I will try it again on some of the spots that did not come out so good to see if this technique makes a difference. I am too tired and it is getting too dark to do it now. This gives me some hope back with the Porsche outcome as I have very few chips on that car and it is going in next week for a clear bra.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »

Sorry to hear your frist attempt didn't work out that well Scott.  I hope to hear that you have better success at your second attempt with using the paint brush.  Please keep us updated.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rjp6262

rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »

yeah i figured that lighter colors would be harder to fix. especially chips in the bumper since the black plastic would show through easier on light colors. i'd still like to see how this works though after the 2nd attempt!
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012