Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:30:30 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. ColorChip  (Read 6669 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »

For some reason my post never took, here is a post I did at a Porsche forum....

I was hesitant to say the least on trying this on a dark color car, but the outcome and experience was much different then with my silver Accord. First and foremost, here are the learns. On a darker color car, the smaller the original chip, it becomes for the most part impossible to find once applied correctly. The larger chips fill in nicely as well, but if you look for it, you can still find them. No where near as badly as the light color car. On my silver Honda Accord, the product did not live up to the hype, but on the midnight blue Porsche, came out much, much better. I took B&A pics of the silver car, but it did not work well, so never downloaded the pics. I did not do this with the Porsche.

The biggest learns of this product is as follows. The deeper the chip, the harder it will be to hide or fill. You can put as much paint in the chip as you want, but you would have to apply, re-apply, re-apply again, and again to fill in the chip completely. So if you goal is to fill in the chip all the way, be prepared to spend quite a bit of time on deep chips. For the more shallow chips, especially the one's on metal instead of plastic, normally two - three times filling in the paint is all you need to get it to be nice and smooth and fill in to the point of almost not being seen.

You can also opt for one other way to address your paint chip concerns. Just fill it in with the paint to make it less noticeable, but ultimately if you look for it, you will see them. I would say for $39, it is worth it to try as it is much cheaper then a complete repaint and not that much more expensive then buying some of the other paint chip kits, paint pens or other products on the market.
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »

doesn't sound bad at all on a dark colored car. i think i may have to invest in this.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012