Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:43:10 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Icebox - New Ride!  (Read 51469 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »

Quote from: "Knocturnal84"
I was reading through tsx forums lately and that seems to be the same power that they are putting down with a intake header and exhaust. I have a full TSX  swap coming this summer and i plan on getting k pro for it too. Also i love how the BrianCrowers feel so going with the stage 2 Turbo cams for my next project

I dunno...I've been referencing this guys build for a couple years now...his build produced 234whp/185wtq (dynojet) 247whp/199wtq dynapack.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13887
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »

I've seen that before and it has some usefull info.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »

just purchased a jrsc, once i get some additional parts and the holidays pass, it will be installed.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »

I got your text earlier today.  I didn't see what cam gear you have on your intake cam, but here's a pretty decent read.  Check out the part about supercharging under the forced induction part too.  I have a set of ITR and Type S cams if you're interested.

http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2011, 12:08:10 AM »

good read, paul machined the intake cam gear when i did my motor build so im good to go there. how much would you let those cams go for?  the other thing im unsure of is whether or not to switch back to the stock pulleys or leave the ur underdrive pulleys on.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »

What size is the blower pulley?  I switched back to the stock pulleys and then ended up getting an 09 Accord crank pulley.  I have a 3" blower pulley.  As long as you don't spin the blower above 16k, you should be fine.  I've heard of guys that have been spinning them up to 18k.  I'm not sure if I would do that without replacing/upgrading the bearings first.  Above 16k and you're going to want to invest in some cooling upgrades too.  It may be worth it if you got an aftercooler before you install the sc.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »

not sure about the pulley size, either 3.5 or 4, we will see. as far as aftercooler goes, this is the ep3 kit so i wont have the option of the aftercooler. probably just install a water meth kit later on.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »

Damn.  That sucks man.  I guess there's no way to fabricate a plate with an aftercooler core like they have for the Comptech.  Maybe you can find a DC5 IM for your JRSC.  I was just looking at the site for the guy that made my first aftercooler, and it looks like he makes one for a civic, but it's not chassis specific.  You should check it out and get a hold of him about it.  Here's his site.  

http://mercracing.net/products-page/aftercoolers/basic-jackson-racing-aftercooler-kit-with-rule-pump-rsx-tsx-civic/

It looks like he even made it into the Hondata tech articles.

http://www.hondata.com/techscintercooler.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:26:42 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2011, 10:03:42 AM »

i may end up doing that down the road and not on the intial install, but thanks for the info.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2011, 11:15:35 AM »

No problem man.  I'd see what it entails with the aftercooler install though.  It may be better for you to wait and install that at the same time.  Sometimes installing the aftercooler is a bitch and you have to take apart a ton of stuff.  I'm not sure how the JR manifold is, but the CT one is a motherfucker to get off with the motor in the car.

Tim
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »

the jr manifold for the ep3 sits much closer to the engine and should be easy to install with the motor in the car.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:34 PM »

Good to know.  I'm guessing it doesn't have that removable bottom plate like the DC5 manifold does?  I know that's the reason why it's damn near impossible to install with the manifold on the motor in the car. 

Tim
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »

i dont believe so but i will upload some photos once it arrives.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2011, 01:41:40 PM »

the supercharger arrived while i was at home for lunch, the manifold is very compact and mainly just adapts the blower to the head. it wouldnt stick out any more than the rbb manifold does. my only concern is if it will interfere with any other components such as power steering.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »

Hmmmm.  I have no idea.  I forgot about the ep3 not having a power steering pump.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012