Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:38:49 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 113532 times)
najeezy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
najeezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2009, 04:11:02 PM »

can a admin close my 2 previous topics? dont wanna open up a 3rd one about a different subject and look like im spamming :P
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »

After looking at the topics you want to close there really is no reason to close them dude. They're not in any way spamming. You're just curious, plain and simple. No sense in closing up topics unless they're reposts.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

With regards to exhaust brands, everyone has their own opinion. Search around YouTube or something like that for exahust clips to get an idea of what you're after. Maybe go to an exhaust shop near you and see if they're willing to work with you on different mufflers to try out the sounds or whatever. I'll tell you one thing though, on my DA I went through 4 different exhaust setups until I found what I was looking for. You may end up doing the same.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »

if you want something quiet the apexi ws2 is great, can pick up a used one for around 120-150

LS2 GTO =)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »

Not meaning to revive this thread from the dead, but I know a friend at my school that has a ~07-08 altima 2.5s who removed the resonator on his puny dual exhaust. Needless to say, it sounds like total shit, like a ricer rasp. But, I don't bad-mouth him since it's his car and he can do whatever he wants. I'd imagine that it'd sound pretty similar on our cars.

najeezy
Fucking Newb

najeezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2009, 04:23:41 PM »

i took mine off with stock piping and a muffler. HUGE FAIL.
sometimes im embarrassed to press on the throttle. doesnt sound super bad, just really bad.

needless to say, dont do it unless your getting quarter piping redone to 2.25. my friends eclipse with 2.25 from the cat and no res sounds pretty good
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
Not meaning to revive this thread from the dead, but I know a friend at my school that has a ~07-08 altima 2.5s who removed the resonator on his puny dual exhaust. Needless to say, it sounds like total shit, like a ricer rasp. But, I don't bad-mouth him since it's his car and he can do whatever he wants. I'd imagine that it'd sound pretty similar on our cars.
did you have full exhaust stock? headers and all.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2009, 06:27:49 PM »

Yeah he has the stock exhaust 100%. All he did was remove the resonator. I don't plan on doing anything exhaust-wise to my car unless I end up getting the full exhaust redone, headers and back. It's a lot of money to pump into my car for an exhaust.

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »

did you hear it persoanlly. did it sound ricey???

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »

It sounds really ricey. It's pretty bad when he turns the car on cold, but it does get a tad bit better after the car has warmed up. I wouldn't have done it if I was him.

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2009, 08:55:17 AM »

so the stock exhaust piping is a 2" opening? not 1.75"?

looking to get a high flow cat and im trying to match up the piping to my DC Sports 4-2-1 headers flex pipe which are 2"

or should i not deal with getting a universal high flow CAT (which requires some cutting and welding) and just go with an OE replacement like this?
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/detai ... ab9e&gan=1

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »

I'd get a bolt on aftermarket replacement.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jellynuts

Reputation Power: 2
Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2009, 04:21:52 AM »

Haha, sorry to revive an old post.  I haven't been on for a while, but this post has gotten me excited so I must share!

The TSX exhaust is actually a very good (and straight through) design.  People who do upgrade their TSX exhausts to an aftermarket do not find too much of a hp gain from what I gathered.  It's really all for sound!

Here's a post for more info on the TSX stock exhaust:  http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/28924-acura-tsx-stock-exhaust-8.html

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
another_person
Fucking Newb

another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2010, 01:30:32 AM »

hey guys, so I'm thinking about doing something with my exhaust. I'm thinking maybe the magnaflow kit MAGNA-15799?
http://www.essentialgears.com/tho/tr/pr ... 28374.html

From the pictures, or from what I've been able to see, it looks like a 4" opening, and 2.5" from the cat back? Would that just look too ricer if I had a 4" exhaust opening? Would a kit for the v6 with dual tips fit a K24?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:30 AM »

Woah!  They actually sell that still.  I was under the impression that exhaust was discontinued like 6 years ago.  I have 4" exhaust tips and I think it looks badass.  The V6 exhaust will "fit", but you'll have to have a shop cut off the V6 flange and weld on the i4 flange so it will bolt on to the cat.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012