Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 07:49:09 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 114374 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »

Here's some info on the TSX exhaust:

http://elitecm.net/forums/index.php?topic=1134.0

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »

I must be psychic or some shit. The man wants single. Do you want the straight out exhaust or do you want it to turn down like stock? All depends on what you want done exactly.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CNY240

Reputation Power: 1
CNY240 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »

Yes I was trying too keep a single pipe out with a setup that will give the best sound . Deep toned. I am willing to shave my bumper to make it fit but just trying too find and price everything . Just don't really want the big tube hanging out the back lol but I'll take all ideas. Just looking for one that will overall. Be a bolt on or one with minimal modification thanks guys for the help!
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2010, 09:58:11 PM »

Or what year tax should I look up on exhaust company sites to get the right exhaust? Just trying to get what my options are figured put so I can buy one !!
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2010, 08:38:46 AM »

Will it sound good or what should I expect the sound to be like on  my i4 four door accord + CAI. Will it be ricey or will it have a better sound than most of the fart toobs out there for i4's. I was trying to keep away from getting a tube , but if anyone has something that does give a deeper sound please share!! I really am looking to keep a good tone, but nothing that drones, and that will have a deep tone for a i4. BTW my car is also 5 spd if that will make a differenece to the sound. here is a video that i ahve been referencing.. 
07 Honda Accord 4cyl 4dr w/ Magnaflow Exhaust #14829
witht he camera being right behind the muffler it adds some bad air sound but i think it would sound good but I know you guys have experience with it so just wondering.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2010, 08:51:43 AM »

Alot of members have used this exhaust please search before posting new threads.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »

Please don't create multiple threads for the same topic.  I have merged the two exhaust threads you have created together.  

Whatever  exhaust you decide to get, each will have their disadvantages and advantages.  As far as the sound goes, you'll find out what it sounds like if you listen to another Accord like yours with the set up you want.  Some set ups sound good and some sound raspy.  From what you've posted so far, here's what it seems like your best options are going to be:

1. Get a muffler and resonator and have a shop weld it for you with new pipe
2. Buy a coupe cat back system and have a shop modify it for you
3. Buy a TSX cat back system and bolt it on

Commit to one of those choices and accept the consequences of your decision.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
frostnyc
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
frostnyc pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »

So I have the  DC Header with an extended flex pipe and custom dual magnaflow exhaust w/ 18" resonator on my '05 i4 coupe. Recently I started noticing a "ticking" sound when the car is running. The ticking persists after the car is shut off (which seems common on many cars, the result of the pipes cooling down)... but I can literally hear this when I pull up against anything solid (a drive thru for example. If I had to compare the sound to something, it would be like tapping a knife or something against a metal pipe. It occurs every 5 - 10 seconds, and gradually slows when the car is turned off. In addition to this, I'll feel a somewhat strong vibration coming from the rear of the vehicle when stopped at lights, which will go away if the car is put in neutral. Any suggestions as to what might cause this? Please let me know if there's anything else you need to know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:33:31 PM by frostnyc » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2010, 07:56:23 AM »

Where is the ticking noise coming from?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
frostnyc
Fucking Newb

frostnyc pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:11 PM »

Where is the ticking noise coming from?

It seems to alternate between the resonator, the cat... it's hard to pin point the exact location... it's intermittent too... I suppose it could be leaking at one of the welds if it's even a leak... I wonder if there's a connection to the vibration as well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:45:29 AM by frostnyc » Logged
kriptix
Fucking Newb

kriptix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »

So i am about to purchase the Tannabe Touring medallion exhaust system from the local area.  The problem is the tannabe exhaust is made for a COUPE V6 while i have a I4 sedan! I did a lot of researching but could not find much. 
I know i need to modify the bumper with cutouts and add a extra hanger. 
The piping diameter is 2.5" and im not sure what the piping for stock sedan is but would i need an adapter piece from flex pipe to exhaust?
How about the length of the pipe? 
Am i better off buying a oem tsx exhaust from the junk yard and modifying that or get the V6 coupe tannabe touring exhaust?

Please let me know, need some advice / help.  Grin

"Werd"
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »

Seeing as how I have the OEM v6 coupe exhaust on my car, like you said, you need hangers on the DS and you would need to extend the B pipe on the exhaust itself where it would normally bolt to the cat. That's basically it. Don't worry too much about doing anything to your stock cat or exhaust manifold. An aftermarket header and cat will solve that size issue. Other than all that, just buy the exhaust and enjoy.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
kriptix
Fucking Newb

kriptix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »

Seeing as how I have the OEM v6 coupe exhaust on my car, like you said, you need hangers on the DS and you would need to extend the B pipe on the exhaust itself where it would normally bolt to the cat. That's basically it. Don't worry too much about doing anything to your stock cat or exhaust manifold. An aftermarket header and cat will solve that size issue. Other than all that, just buy the exhaust and enjoy.

Thanks for the fast reply man.  cant wait to make the purchase now  Smiley

"Werd"
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2011, 10:15:34 PM »

That's what I'm here for.

kriptix
Fucking Newb

kriptix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2011, 09:07:18 PM »

So i need some advice about installing and pricing. The part is a V6 tanabe cat-back dual exhaust.  I am trying to get it installed on my i4.  I went to a local exhaust shop whom quoted me 300-350 for the install.  They mentioned that the end flange of the Cat will not connect properly with the tanabe flange; ( The accord V6 cat flange is bigger and angles compared to the i4).... His plan was to cut the end piece of the tanabe that fits into the Cat and the end flange of the cat.  He would than weld the two together.  Install some new gaskets and put up the hangers where its needed.
Has anyone tried to put a 2.5" pipping dual exhaust on a 4cy accord?  if so how did you or the mechanics install it? and whats the price range for the install? 

Thanks

"Werd"
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012