Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:19:09 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin Nuvi 255- Anyone have any experience with it?  (Read 4807 times)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

Just picked this one up for Ashley last night to use in the Sentra.  Got it from BB for $179.  Just want to know if I should return it and get another.  Any positive or negative experience with this? Also anybody who's used these portable GPS's before that have any tips/tricks if there are any would be greatly appreciated.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »

I have a TomTom Go930 it has bluetooth, weather, traffic, etc. and I love it. I have used or been in the car with a few different Garmins, and compared to the TomTom I didnt like it. Thats a good price though so I dont think you could go wrong.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I have a TomTom Go930 it has bluetooth, weather, traffic, etc. and I love it. I have used or been in the car with a few different Garmins, and compared to the TomTom I didnt like it. Thats a good price though so I dont think you could go wrong.

What didn't you like about the garmins?
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:44:16 AM »

Quote from: "Ryann84425"

What didn't you like about the garmins?

The view was weird. It was looking on top of the map, where the TomTom is 3-D. It seemed like it didn't give you enough warning when a turn was coming up. You might be able to adjust all the things I didn't like, you are able to on the TomTom, but maybe the people I was with just preferred those settings. Both my dad and I prefer it over my moms Lexus Navigation. I am probably just used to TomTom, but if you are not used to either I am sure either will be fine.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »

I think I remember seeing the TT 930 but I think it was out of my price range. I wasnt trying to spend more than $200.  Ashley has a pretty good sense of direction she just sometimes needs help on specific addresses because she travels around are local area for real estate but sometimes the places are hard to find.  But I

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »

I've heard good things about the Nuvi's.  I have no experience with them, but the few people that I know that own them are happy with them.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:04 PM »

You cant go wrong with Garmin products. I got the Streetpilot C330 and it saved my ass a couple of times. I got my parents the Nuvi 350 and they love it.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

Yeah so far Ashley likes it.  We went ahead and got the lil friction pad thing as well so she wouldnt have to attach it to the windshield.  Even though you can detach the unit from the windshield I still dont like that fact that the holder sits there cuz a curious theif may see that and decide to see if it's still in the car.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »

Ya I made that mistake of leaving the mount attached to the windshield and sure enough my car was broken into, but I'm not crazy enough to leave my gps in the car so all they got was the mount. Does that friction pad stick down onto the dashboard or something?

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »

i have the garmin nuvi 350 and my friend andy has the nuvi 250w

we have the same operating system, yours just does canada and puerto rico from what i understand..
you shouldnt have any problems thats a great beginner gps unit...

only gripe i have with mine is the time it takes to find a signal... make sure your install location has a good view of the sky or else yur gonna get annoyed really fast with it

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Heckler

Reputation Power: 0
Heckler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »

I have a 255W (the 2 car kit one)...I have the suction cup mount in my lower cubby and my gf uses the weighted dash mount in her Sonata.  It's a great GPS I think you'll love it.

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »

I wanna get me one of these eventually but I am pretty good with directions so unless I leave Florida I am usually okay.

Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 11:31:49 AM »

Quote from: "Blackhawk"
I wanna get me one of these eventually but I am pretty good with directions so unless I leave Florida I am usually okay.

When you dont have directions is when you need one   ;) .  LOL! Just messin with ya.

Quote from: "infumous"
Ya I made that mistake of leaving the mount attached to the windshield and sure enough my car was broken into, but I'm not crazy enough to leave my gps in the car so all they got was the mount. Does that friction pad stick down onto the dashboard or something?

I'm not really sure how it sticks but it's not like a sticker.  It doesnt leaves glue or residue or anything. But as soon as your done you just take it off the dash and your good.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012