Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:36:51 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belt driven to EPS system swap.  (Read 12938 times)
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
tandyutama pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »

Does anybody in this forum ever do this?

I just viewed a website:

http://willbelayforfood.com/rsx/rsxmainsite/EPS_Install.htm

thinking to try it on my accord.

Does it possible?
Need advice.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »

I have an EPS set up in my Accord.

I thought you were going to do a EHPS set up?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »

Not very sure which system i'm going to use.
Just want to get rid of P/S pump from my engine to save some HP.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »

That's understandable. EHPS is simpler and less expensive. It's also a lot less work than the EPS system.

With EHPS you need to source a MR2 pump, wire it up and then run hydraulic lines. You're probably best off having a hydraulic hose with a crimped on high pressure an fitting made. I wouldn't trust running regular an lines and hose ends for it.

EPS is a lot cleaner looking. It will require a lot more work though. You need to remove the sub frame and put it in a press to make clearance for the larger EPS motor on the rack. You can also cut out the area and reweld it for the same clearance. You also need to source the rack, EPS controller, wire harnesses and wire it to your ECU. It's definitely more work and more expensive. If you decide to do it, I still have all my wiring notes and can help you out.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »

Thanks, may i ask to send the wiring notes to my e-mail? This will very helpful to me.
My e-mail address is tandy_utama@hotmail.com
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 12:36:38 AM »

I'll look them up this weekend.

Tim
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 07:24:19 AM »

A friend told me can do it with complete swap with cl7 euro-r or japanese inspire uc1
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »

Parts will be a lot easier to find for the USDM Hybrid Accord. The UC1 Inspire has a different sub frame because of the J30. The CL7 Accord also uses a different sub frame than the CM Accords.

Tim
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 06:40:24 AM »

I live in RHD country.
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 06:54:33 AM »

What do i need to make EHPS on my car?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 09:10:59 AM »

EHPS would require a Toyota MR2 electric ps pump, a hydraulic line from the pump to the rack, a relay and wiring and an ep3 or k tuned idler pulley.

Tim
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »

Do i need the pump ecu? What kind of mr2 car's pump? Are there another options beside using mr2 pump?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

There are 2 generation mr2's, I just don't remember the year off hand. It's just a pump, so it only needs power. No controller/ECU necessary. It's just on/off.

Look on Karcepts site. They sell a kit for it with a bracket.

Tim
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

tandyutama pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »

Thanks for the website information bro.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 09:14:12 PM »

No problem. They did a good write up on k20a a long time ago.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012