Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:05:58 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belt driven to EPS system swap.  (Read 12936 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »

I think it was 95 mr2 I remember looking it up for you.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 02:14:32 PM »

There are 2 generations of mr2's that use an electric pump. I don't know much about them, but I believe it was the last 2 generations.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
tandyutama
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
tandyutama pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »

Yes, 91-99 mr2
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:28 PM »

Parts will be a lot easier to find for the USDM Hybrid Accord. The UC1 Inspire has a different sub frame because of the J30. The CL7 Accord also uses a different sub frame than the CM Accords.
Hi Tim, could you show me a list If I would like to convert my 07 CM to a EPS setup. Do you have any other suggestions for change steering ratio as the OEM set up is 3 turns from most left to most right. I like 2.5 even 2.0 turns.
Cheers!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 11:22:14 PM »

The list is fairly short.  You would need the EPS rack, EPS control module and the EPS wire harness.  I'd have to look up all the part numbers.  I have no suggestion on steering ratio.  This is something I have never done any research on.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 04:06:44 AM »

The list is fairly short.  You would need the EPS rack, EPS control module and the EPS wire harness.  I'd have to look up all the part numbers.  I have no suggestion on steering ratio.  This is something I have never done any research on.
which car are all these parts from? hybrid accord 07 USDM? I'm glad to wait for your part number list. BTW,If the EPS computer needs to wire to ECM to aquire information such as vehicle speed, how do you think about it?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 09:30:22 AM »

You can use the rack from a USDM 05-07 Accord Hybrid.  Yes, the EPS computer needs to be wired to the ECU.  That's how I have mine set up. 

I'm going to give you a basic list of parts.  It's not the complete list because you can't just buy a complete EPS rack.  You will need inner and outer tie rods, boots, and other small stuff.  Also, you can find this stuff yourself if you look online.  Most parts sites have part numbers.  This isn't something that I have special access to.

53601-SDR-930 - EPS rack
39980-SDR-A01 - EPS control unit
32421-SDR-A00 - EPS wire harness
32125-SDR-A00 - torque sensor wire harness

Tim
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 02:03:10 AM »

You can use the rack from a USDM 05-07 Accord Hybrid.  Yes, the EPS computer needs to be wired to the ECU.  That's how I have mine set up. 

I'm going to give you a basic list of parts.  It's not the complete list because you can't just buy a complete EPS rack.  You will need inner and outer tie rods, boots, and other small stuff.  Also, you can find this stuff yourself if you look online.  Most parts sites have part numbers.  This isn't something that I have special access to.

53601-SDR-930 - EPS rack
Thank you Tim, I went through partsonline for hybrid and saw these key parts you provided, I saw a long list which could be necessary for this job, I think before i confirm the detail I need to find the work shop manual firstly to make sure I'm not missing something.
Cheers!
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 02:06:15 AM »

53601-SDR-930 - EPS rack
Tim, I remember somewhere you mentioned the EURO CL7/CL9 subframe is different with CM, then if sawpping EPS from that car to CM chasssis I would need to drill/modify the subframe to void room for EPS, I'm not  sure how do you confirm that information, the easiest way for me could be a CL7/CL9 EPS setup from my understand, but I'm not sure cause I dont have information, I have only CL7/CL9/CM1/CM2 work shop manual , they are in a same book together so I guess they shoudl share sub frame.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 08:36:26 AM »

I can only say that the EPS rack does not clear the USDM TSX sub frame, just as it does not clear the USDM Accord sub frame. Extra clearance will need to be made. I cannot speak for the Euro R or other cars.

Tim
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

I know its a little late but here is where you can get some info on ratios, turn lock to lock etc.

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2003/Accord-Coupe/specs#mid^CM7263JW

4cyl: LTL 2.98, ratio 15.21
6cyl: LTL 2.93, ratio 14.95
6cyl 6spd: LTL 2.75, ratio 15.25
Hybrid: LTL 3.17, ratio 16.25

remember even though lock to lock might be look "quicker", it also can mean the wheels don't have to move that far from one side to another = bigger turning diameter.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:06:05 AM by neoryan7 » Logged
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012