Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:33:42 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension components replacement  (Read 13673 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »

That should keep your mechanic busy for a bit.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »

Are the front lower ball joints the same thing as a front ball joint camber kit? 
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »

No. Front ball joint camber kit is the upper ball joints that you can replace to adjust camber on.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »

Thanks to some idiot on the highway this morning, I had to do some hard braking from 70mph to about 30mph and my car shuddered and shook very badly.  I highly doubt it is due to the rotors since they are only 8 months old and are a quality brand, not some cheap ebay shit.  Could some worn suspension part be causing this?  

If it does turn out to be the rotors, this would be my third warped set in the four years I've had my RL bbk...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:57:37 AM by ikethegreat » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 08:25:43 AM »

Did your car shudder under normal braking after that happened?  If it did, then it's the rotors.  If it didn't, it's probably something else and could be the suspension.  If you have worn or damaged bushings, that could be the cause of it.  Compliance bushings are known to wear out easily.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »

It does shudder under normal braking a bit.  The whole car vibrates at high speed without having to brake though so I thought it might be related to that. 

I'm tempted to get rid of the RL BBK, I can't be replacing warped rotors every freaking year or two. 
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »

check your axles, I think milan had the same issue even though he swap back to stock setup

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 12:37:10 AM »

It does shudder under normal braking a bit.  The whole car vibrates at high speed without having to brake though so I thought it might be related to that. 

I'm tempted to get rid of the RL BBK, I can't be replacing warped rotors every freaking year or two. 
gs set up + cash...
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »

I've had the RL calipers for years and never had an issue with warped rotors. I'm pretty sure I drive my car a little harder than you too.

It could be the rotors that you're using. I know that when I used the garbage Duralast rotors from Auto Zone on the Fit, they always warped. I switched to Honda rotors and they've been fine.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »

I'm going to worry about the suspension stuff before I do anything with the brakes. 

I purchased the four endlinks and the front ball joints.  The rear endlinks seems pretty easy to replace from the video I watched so I might give those a shot myself.  Have not seen a DIY for the front ones but hopefully they are easy as well.

LCAs will be bought when I get paid this week and then I think I'll get the Skunk2 UCAs the following paycheck.  Then I got to find a place that won't rape me to install the LCAs, UCAs, front ball joints, and axles. 

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »

I'm guessing you still have the oem end links. Pb blast/wd40 and soak them overnight. They have a crappy design which needs an hex key to hold the stud while you loosen the nut. DON'T STRIP THE HEX KEY IN THE STUD. GL

Rich
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »

on mine there wasn't any hex hole left ( rusty from winters in canada) , broke the ball housings and used some visegrip on the ball to prevent the ball from turning. they were gonna go in the trash anyway.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

on mine there wasn't any hex hole left ( rusty from winters in canada) , broke the ball housings and used some visegrip on the ball to prevent the ball from turning. they were gonna go in the trash anyway.

Good advice right there.  This is one of the main reasons why I prefer aftermarket end links.  Less bullshit when it comes to removing the end links because they don't use the silly allen head bolt to hold it when you tighten the nut.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 10:35:26 PM »

I burnt mine out... Nothing a little torch won't fix...
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »

I burnt mine out... Nothing a little torch won't fix...
In the garage its called a "smoke wrench".

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012