Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:09:36 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone, Meet Scoot!  (Read 17994 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »

Hey everyone.  I recently had the opportunity to be come the care taker of a 1979 1200 Civic, Scoot.  Originally I was told Scoot was a CVCC, but found out that it's a 1200 Civic.  A buddy of mine got it a while back.  Unfortunately, my friend passed away a few years ago and his wife had been keeping the car in storage since then.  She decided it needed to go to a good home because she couldn't take on another project.  I picked up Scoot yesterday and brought it home.

My plan is to fix the sheet metal, undo any hack jobs that had been done in the past and take care of anything mechanical.  It may get a swap down the road, but I just want it to be a reliable driver when the weather is nice.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »

Wow! Scoot is in good shape! I had no idea that was also in the garage with the other car.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »

Trans swap!!

Shocker sticker ftw!
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »

Very nice.. is that all you plan to do to it?
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:02 PM »

Historical vehicle...is that the same as an antique plate out here?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »

Very nice.. is that all you plan to do to it?

reading > you

My plan is to fix the sheet metal, undo any hack jobs that had been done in the past and take care of anything mechanical.  It may get a swap down the road, but I just want it to be a reliable driver when the weather is nice.

Trans swap!!

Shocker sticker ftw!

That won't happen. It will be restored and left alone, unless I do a k swap in it.

The stickers will probably be removed. I never liked the shocker sticker. It's just not my style.

Historical vehicle...is that the same as an antique plate out here?

The historical plate is like an antique plate. That was on the car when I got it. I'm going to be sending it back actually. I registered Scoot today, but didn't get historical plates because I would be limited with how much I could drive. Vehicles with historical plates can only be driven to and from shows/events, not for pleasure.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »

Where's the fun in that? ^^lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »

That's why it has regular plates on it now. I got it registered and insured this morning. I just need to get a new battery for it and Scoot will be road worthy.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »

Was the registration like 20 bucks? Smiley
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 12:21:55 AM »

This thing looks super clean! How many miles does it have?

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »

Title and registration was a little more than $20.

It only has 50k on it.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »

That's it? Wow! What a great find Tim!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »

I'm very fortunate to have found such a solid car.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »

Scoot looks like a lot of fun to drive. Take good care of it Tim.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

I'm surprised with how clean it looks inside.  Someone kept real good care of her. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012