Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:53:12 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Pascal  (Read 59697 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »

Yeah sure don't mind if you do! The back of the seat has a metal backing similar to metal sidings, like a waved shape, it's pretty solid, well enough to hold a amp rack.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2015, 12:31:57 AM »

My concern is the weight of my amps.  They are larger and heavier, plus I have 3 amps.  I think that I may end up designing an amp rack that mounts to the back seat and have it machined out of aluminum.  It may be better to use nutserts/rivnuts in the metal instead of sheet metal screws.  What type of fasteners are you using with yours?  Have you had a chance to weigh everything before mounting it to the seat?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »

It is hold in place by 6 metal screws, I don't exactly know the weight, main like 15-20 pounds. Having inserts would be hard to put since there are not really any acces between the metal backing and the seat itself. I do no recommend milling the rack in aluminium, it's gonna be heavy and really expensive. If you want to save weight, you should go with sheet metal aluminum, with some bends are the right place you'll have a clean and solid rack, that dissipates heat too.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »

I figured the threaded inserts would take care of that for mounting.  They are more secure than metal screws.  I don't mind the expense of the rack.  I'm sure some thinner aluminum would be easy to cut out with a water jet or plasma table.  I actually have a friend that has a cnc plasma cutting table that can cut out the pieces for me.  If designed properly, it would weigh less and be stronger than MDF.  Heat dissipation will not be an issue for these amps at all.  They all have "Ported Tunnel Forced Air Cooling".  Cheesy

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2015, 08:42:08 AM »

Yeah forgot about Rivet nuts, you could use those, You need to crimp them with a special tool but you would have a strong mount with this.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2015, 09:53:24 AM »

I use the hell out of threaded inserts. I have the tool, so I'm good on that. I would just prefer a stronger mount that can support the weight of my amps.

Thanks for all the help man. I'm definitely digging your set up and install. It turned out really nice. I bet it will look amazing when you cover the MDF with carpet.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2016, 10:15:15 PM »

So, I did a thing, love them !

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »

Wheels look good man.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2016, 06:00:03 AM »

Thanks a lot, it's been a while I've wanted a set of those on my car. Really happy of the result. Handles great too !

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012